Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What have we learned this week?

Harbs could have kept defending coaching philosophies as we've seen too often before, but I learned he chose to grow and evolve in the off season.
    Also learned I'm finally happy that Ryan and Mason are Jets.

1) Oz magically created a VG O line
    2) We have (most of) our "next generation" D backing up our current starters
    3) We have an offense
    4) Under Pagano, we may have a true Ravens D

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

ER-
    Great thread concept!

I learned that my powers of analytical observation on how an O-line needs time to gel....are NOT! :o ;)

I also learned that I'm unsure of whether the Ravens are THAT good, and/or Pitt is THAT bad (sorry, I'm having difficulty accepting that their offense has turned to shint, and their D is that underachieving so quickly). It bears repeating, you're never as good as you look when you win, nor bad as you look when you lose (or some variation on that old adage.)

I learned that, as much as I like to visit old "discuss Ravens and all things NFL" discussion board haunts, the maturity level on this forum FAR outweighs some of the nonsense elsewhere.

I learned that the Ravens would do well this season to "speak softly and carry a big stick". Doesn't seem to degrade their image, nor their results.

I feel like I learned (at least I hope) that Flacco appears to be successfully taking that mysterious, difficult to define, but very desirable "next step".

I learned (at least IMHO) that Ngata's next contract may be greater than the GDP of many countries! :D

And alas and alack, I learned that picking v. the spread is not my forte (8-8 in B'ron's Pickem Pool! :o)

Blog Entries

I learned that I was wrong about the Oline. And I"m happy to admit it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I learned that we can win a Super Bowl with Flacco and am sympathetic to what Boller faced in his tenure;

I learned that recent Raven teams were probably prisoners to our coaching staff's hopes and fears;

I learned that BaltimoreRon increases his body weight by 50% once Ravens' gear is added;

After visiting various parking lots, I learned that the hottest ladies are always at my tailgate.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

"I learned that BaltimoreRon increases his body weight by 50% once Ravens' gear is added;"

Now, THAT is FUNNY, I don't care WHAT sport you play!!! :D ;)

Assuming it was no fluke, I have come to love our OL. Giving Joe some extra time was a beautiful thing to see. He was comfortable, happy and productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Assuming it was no fluke, I have come to love our OL. Giving Joe some extra time was a beautiful thing to see. He was comfortable, happy and productive.
    The time he had to inspect the field definitely compares to the time he had in 09 before Gaither's injury. Hopefully they can stay healthy up front, but even then our 6th and 7th linemen now (Gurode, LeVoir) are much better than our 6th and 7th linemen then (Chester, Cousins).

It's hard to say what I've learned towards the team after one week. We still have a long way to go. But I have learned that we have reason to be positive about our O-line, and pass rush from our D.

I also learned that given time in the pocket Flacco shows to be a really sound QB.
    Ray Rice is Ray Rice.
    Boldin seems to be a new go to target for Flacco. Also Ed Dickson seems like he can be the starting TE and make plays as the starter.

It's hard to say that I've learned anything without seeing a consistent performance. This week will tell us some more.

By the way...Was anyone else disturbed that they have these new kickoff rules to avoid injuries and our first time kicking off our first round pick got hurt? Talk about bad luck, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post

If it was against anyone else but Pitt, I'd entertain the "fluke" theory.

I learned that good players will come to a well run org for a bit less than top dollar. (Mase, previously[which I didn't know til this week] and I heard McKinnie mention that the money was not his first concern when choosing where to sign. )

And people who are steeler football fans (not just 'root' for them) were very gracious and intelligent about the week 1 loss. Odd that ;)

Cam learned that going for the dagger (a big pass) after a turnover is the thing to do.

I learned that playing your first round pick on special teams may not be the best idea.

I learned that watching a Ravens-Steelers game is much more fun when Ben isn't able to extend plays and find receivers.

I learned that my blood pressure is much lower when the Ravens lead by three TDs entering the fourth quarter than when the teams are one score apart.
    Al