Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Sports Illustrated - Adapt or Die

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    "We understand that every time you play the Baltimore Ravens, you have to bring it or you will be embarrassed on the scoreboard and embarrassed physically," Steelers safety Ryan Clark said last week. "Our fans don't like the fact that they're one of the few teams that hits us back."
    that was the one that made me smile ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

hawk--

""That went into [Pollard's] decision to come [to Baltimore] because you see guys get down and dirty...."

I'm surprised we didn't see a media headline this week --

POLLARD SAYS HE LIKES RAVENS DIRTY PLAY! ;)

the Steelers' defense looked old. As in ancient.
    The Steelers, after a Super Bowl defeat and an off-season of embarrassing headlines, face questions about their own mettle.
    Although I love the well deserved accolades Our Team is getting, i don't believe statements like those above for a second. Pretty sure the Ravens don't either.

The Steelers will use every bit of the negative media reactions to this game to motivate them for our next meeting. Their coaching staff will have a good game plan and their players will be prepared. I'm not buying any of this 'aged overnight' crap.

I hate the bastards but i respect 'em.
    They'll be ready next time.
    And so will we.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Although I love the well deserved accolades Our Team is getting, i don't believe statements like those above for a second. Pretty sure the Ravens don't either.

The Steelers will use every bit of the negative media reactions to this game to motivate them for our next meeting. Their coaching staff will have a good game plan and their players will be prepared. I'm not buying any of this 'aged overnight' crap.

I hate the bastards but i respect 'em.
    They'll be ready next time.
    And so will we.
    A truer statement has not been made in this thread. Thank you for bringing it back down to reality. I salute you sir. :respect

5. Re: Sports Illustrated - Adapt or Die

A great read, just gets me pumped up for the rest of the year. That beat down was epic and I enjoyed it all. The way the Steelers looked, whew, they looked awful. I really wonder if we start to see a big decline in them. They have a bunch of older players who are declining and aging. Even Ben has to break eventually with all the hits he takes. Some say they'll get better and bounce back but I just don't know. I'm interested in seeing how they play for the next month or so. I also heard that they're going to be WAY over the cap next year... yikes.

Remember to pull your brooms out come week 9
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Remember to pull your brooms out come week 9
    I felt that way last year too, but after witnessing the physical mauling of the Steelers THIS year, there's a very good reason to be optimistic.

Long? Not long at all. Can't get enough of it......:D

Someone told me that "Adapt or Die" was this week's issue with the Ravens on the cover. At the Atlanta airport yesterday I picked up a copy of SI but it was with the Jets on the cover with some cheezy cover story about Rex and Rob Ryan. The Ravens Adapt or Die story was buried in the magazine.

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Someone told me that "Adapt or Die" was this week's issue with the Ravens on the cover. At the Atlanta airport yesterday I picked up a copy of SI but it was with the Jets on the cover with some cheezy cover story about Rex and Rob Ryan. The Ravens Adapt or Die story was buried in the magazine.

What gives?
    SI does a lot of regional stuff. The SI around here was supposed to have Ray Rice and Joe Flacco on the cover. I'm sure New York teams interest is higher in Atlanta. When I lived there, it seemed there were more people from New York/ New Jersey there than people ACTUALLY from Atlanta.