Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: More "help" from NFL: longer lines, less booze snuck in

Look, I'm not arguing whether the rule is a good one or not. I don't care who's sneaking in bottles of what as long as it's not something that Hollywood makes a Contagion-type movie about. What I'm saying is, why is anyone here whining about them enforcing their rules more strictly? If you don't like the rule, work to change it, don't complain about how it's being enforced.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If this was simply about booze they would have started it week 1. That stun gun incident in the Meadowlands on 9/11 of all days scared the crap out of the NFL. This is a panic move. That doesn't mean they won't get the added benefit of making sure items not purchased in the stadium are not brought in but that's not what started this.
    According to USAToday it was supposed to start before Week 1.

The NFL recommended the new guidelines before the kickoff of the 2011 season which coincided with the 10th anniversary of 9/11. The league hopes fans will be "patient," says spokesman Brian McCarthy, and arrive earlier to games to avoid long, punishing lines.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...uffalo-bills/1

Obviously some teams blew it off, and I'm sure the Meadowlands incident is the reason for it now being more than just a "recommended guideline".

Just get it over with and put in metal detectors so we no longer have to be molested by wanna be cops
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Not all of us have that luxury. I bring my son to the games, and since I teach Sunday School, and he goes to Sunday School, and its in Havre de Grace, we just make it to the stadium in time for kickoff. It would be nice.

I'll try again at another afternoon game.
    Good on ya Stinger. I taught my first sunday school class right before the Ravens game this past Sunday. It was an altogether excellent day from jump street.

Anyways, if you know you'll be running late on gameday, i suggest making a bunch of fajitas the night before, nuke em right before you go and wrap em in in tin foil. Then throw a bunch in clear ziplocs. I took about 40 of em to a Sunspot poster meeting we had at halftime last year :D.

Cold chicken works well too. Just pack yer lunch the night before. ;)
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    If you don't like the rule, work to change it, don't complain about how it's being enforced.
    C'mon, PSUassK ... gimme a break! Do you really think that the Ravens or the NFL security will pay attention to any fans bitching about having the new pat down rules exposing the miniatures hidden in their socks?

Seriously, I would rather see metal detectors and bomb sniffers in use than the useless pat-downs given today, which impress me as just booze hunting. Lowering the patdown area would not likely increase security.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Just get it over with and put in metal detectors so we no longer have to be molested by wanna be cops
    God no.

Nothing would dissuade me from going to a game more than standing with thousands of other fans while we wait for each other to take off our belts, jewelry, cell phones, coins, shoes (you know that would be included)...and then having to watch a bunch of idiots walk through the detector twenty times because he forgot to take out a piercing or take out an earring.

These aren't trained TSA agents manning the gates (not to be taken as a ringing endorsement of TSA agents). But the best technology in the world doesn't mean squat if you have the wrong people at the controls. So let's not think that it would make things any safer; just more of an inconvenience for everybody in exchange for the illusion of safety.

If someone really wanted to inflict some damage at an NFL game, some dudes in yellow jackets aren't stopping him. I can think of a thousand different ways - but I'm not going to let that dictate whether I go to games, or what I should have to go through to get into a game. Just pat me down for booze and let me get to my seat....I'll take my chances (1 in 70,000) that I won't be sitting next to the guy who decided to go out with a literal bang today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    C'mon, PSUassK ... gimme a break! Do you really think that the Ravens or the NFL security will pay attention to any fans bitching about having the new pat down rules exposing the miniatures hidden in their socks?
    Dude, there are other people you can get in touch with to try to get the rules changed.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid