Brady tells fans to get drunk

I'm not offended by what Brady said, but I think the attempted PR spin is hilarious.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...mment-20110914

The Patriots are clarifying what Tom Brady meant when he urged fans to, "Start drinking early" in anticipation of Sunday afternoon's game with the San Diego Chargers.

A reporter asked Brady if he had any message for the fans in anticipation of the home opener. Brady responded, "Yeah, start drinking early. Get nice and rowdy. It's a 4:15 game, they'll have a lot of time to get lubed up, come out here and cheer for the home team."

A Patriots spokesman said later that Brady meant that the fans should stay hydrated, drink water and drink responsibly.
    Brady meant to say they should drink water? Really? That's hands down one of the worst 'clarifications' I've ever heard. They would have been better off leaving it alone.

Meanwhile, the NFL is so far deep into bed with Anheuser-Busch that I think they're legally married in some states. They've got no problem letting people get lit at tailgates, or charging $7 a beer once you get into the stadium. And the league pretty much looks the other way when it comes to drunk driving. Yet a player mentions fans drinking, and we can't have that. Come on. Maybe if Brady had thrown in a plug for Bud Light, it would have gone over better.

Re: Brady tells fans to get drunk

But what does Teddy Bruschi have to say about this? He must be incensed by the suggestion that the fans need to get "lubed up" to support the team properly.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Teddy Bruschi doesn't have *Expletive* to say about this and ESPN won't ask him either.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Teddy Bruschi doesn't have *Expletive* to say about this and ESPN won't ask him either.
    I thought Teddy Bruschi had something to say about everything.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell