Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Predict the Power Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Exactly. They are very similar to the old Ravens teams, where they would just find a way to win and to the average guy who doesn't watch every minute of every one of their games, they look lucky. But they are a team that keeps chugging, limits the big play against them, and finds a way to win usually by decent play on O and some big plays on ST's or D.
    That's why power rankings are stupid. People evaluate these teams as if they were college programs. Style doesn't matter in the pros. Winning does and the Jets keep winning especially when it counts. I guarantee the Ravens will have a couple of ugly wins this year and we'll be just as happy because they will be wins

Exactly. They are very similar to the old Ravens teams, where they would just find a way to win and to the average guy who doesn't watch every minute of every one of their games, they look lucky. But they are a team that keeps chugging, limits the big play against them, and finds a way to win usually by decent play on O and some big plays on ST's or D.
    I dunno, I watched the whole game, and they were pretty lucky that the Cowboys just imploded.

Also, remember, Sanchez had 18 dropped INT's last year, more than twice the number of the next highest amount.

I think they are good, but not quite top 10, not without better play from their QB.

4th according to SI....one spot below the Jets.
    fla_rave

Sanchez = Boller for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    People are still overrating the hell outta the damn Jets.
    No way. All they need to do is play a QB every week that will hand the game to them at the end.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I dunno, I watched the whole game, and they were pretty lucky that the Cowboys just imploded.

Also, remember, Sanchez had 18 dropped INT's last year, more than twice the number of the next highest amount.

I think they are good, but not quite top 10, not without better play from their QB.
    Jets also lead the league in dropped passes I believe; maybe Sanchez has slippery hands :D

It was the Jets D that I was so surprised to see; they couldn't stop anything through the air. Luckily they got a blocked punt because they were outplayed that whole game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It does seem like the Jets are lucky.

Detroit last regular season: The Jets stood to lose. Detroit could have ran the ball three times, forcing the Jets to use all of their timeouts, before punting. Instead, Coach Jim Schwartz runs a play action pass on third down, to the fullback of all people, about three yards short of the first down. He couldn't even catch the ball, because it was thrown poorly.

Indianapolis in the playoffs: Jim Caldwell calls the worst timeout I have ever seen in the playoffs.

However, it is hard not to respect back to back appearances in the AFC Championship Game.

The reality is that they just find ways to win. That's what people say about Ben Roethlisberger. That's what people would say if it were Brady and Manning. Why shouldn't it be said about New York?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore