Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: White Stripes/Seven Nation Army Chant

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    If it continues to be as loud as it was on Sunday, what's the problem? It worked. So what if someone else does it in their stadium? We have other things like God Bless the USA, and whatever that song is the Ravens get introduced to.

This is a song that has a workable chant. It's not like we're doing the Tomahawk Chop or something like that.
    :word
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Gotta ask ;) - Could anybody hear the "R-A-V-E-N-S RAVENS!" cheer about a minute after each score and just before the kickoffs? If so what section could you hear it from?
    Dan: I sit pretty close to the middle of all sounds generated in the stadium .... never heard it. Then again, all that humming of the Seven Nation Army Chant may have de-sensitized my ears!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Virginia Tech hardly originated the Enter Sandman thing....this is why I have VT fans!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    ....this is why I have VT fans!
    How do you have the VT fans: medium rare, or well done?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    How do you have the VT fans: medium rare, or well done?
    LOL good catch. I guess a Freudian slip since the gf is a VT fan.

But their use of Enter Sandman is akin to our use of Seven Nation Army.

Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan Gotta ask - Could anybody hear the "R-A-V-E-N-S RAVENS!" cheer about a minute after each score and just before the kickoffs? If so what section could you hear it from?
    Could it be heard anytime on TV?
    Dan: I sit pretty close to the middle of all sounds generated in the stadium .... never heard it. Then again, all that humming of the Seven Nation Army Chant may have de-sensitized my ears!
    Thanks Mista T.
    4+ sections on the end of the Ravens side Upper Deck near the West End Zone (Sect 530-533) do the R-A-V-E-N-S cheer every game after every score.

Fans have told me they can hear it in the Ravens side Upper Deck to the 50 yard line, directly below us around the 10-20 yard line in the lower sections, pretty much the whole West Side EZ, and a few fans directly across from us from the EZ to the Visitor side 30 yard line have said thy have heard us. I have friends who sit behind the band (exact opposite of us). No way they can hear it but they can see us.

A couple of times it was pretty quiet during a time-out when we did the cheer and it looked like Coach Billick gave us a thumbs up for it :D. More recently a buddy of one of the Trainers said he told him the players could hear it on the field, but i dunno.

Thanks for answering tho!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Thanks Mista T.
    4+ sections on the end of the Ravens side Upper Deck near the West End Zone (Sect 530-533) do the R-A-V-E-N-S cheer every game after every score.

Fans have told me they can hear it in the Ravens side Upper Deck to the 50 yard line, directly below us around the 10-20 yard line in the lower sections, pretty much the whole West Side EZ, and a few fans directly across from us from the EZ to the Visitor side 30 yard line have said thy have heard us. I have friends who sit behind the band (exact opposite of us). No way they can hear it but they can see us.

A couple of times it was pretty quiet during a time-out when we did the cheer and it looked like Coach Billick gave us a thumbs up for it :D. More recently a buddy of one of the Trainers said he told him the players could hear it on the field, but i dunno.

Thanks for answering tho!
    The R-A-V-E-N-S RAVENS! chant is something I always hope will catch on bigger. I usually sit in 141 (west endzone) and hear it every time. They've been doing it for years and years. Usually starts right after the band plays the fight song.

Thanks Mista T.
    When I used to sit in 528, I routinely heard the cheer.

My comment related to the Pitt game, when I sat below my old seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    The R-A-V-E-N-S RAVENS! chant is something I always hope will catch on bigger. I usually sit in 141 (west endzone) and hear it every time. They've been doing it for years and years. Usually starts right after the band plays the fight song.
    Thanks. Glad you enjoy it as we've been doing it since '98
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to spread because we're out of position. We mailed the Ravens petitions with 1500 signatures on it trying to get the Cheerleaders to do it :D. In 2002 they put it on the Big Screen in big red letters for a season and about half the stadium joined in.

Anyways, the Fans in the Upper deck seem to love it and i couldn't stop it if i tried lol. It's all about having fun.

Again, glad you enjoy it - AND PLEASE GET EVERYONE AROUND YOU TO JOIN IN! :happyanim

- rfd
    Twenty years of Cheers.

When I used to sit in 528, I routinely heard the cheer.

My comment related to the Pitt game, when I sat below my old seats.
    Thank you sir. Got to be a sound block going on from the upper deck structure.
    Twenty years of Cheers.