Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. White Stripes/Seven Nation Army Chant

I really liked the White Stripes Chant although in typical Baltimore Fashion, it is not original. I don't mean to hate but Michigan already does the same thing. I would love for the Ravens to have something unique. For the same reason I hate the Black and Purple remixes and will never waive a Baltimore towel, I don't know if I can get on board with this.

Please find something we can call our own.

This is what it sounds like with 114k people chanting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su8Kb3LqBdk

Blog Entries

Re: White Stripes/Seven Nation Army Chant

Buzzkill..!!! I thought the chant was awesome. Everyone from kids to grandmothers were chanting. I hope they do it every game.

Yeah kinda lame that we stole that. And the kickoff song by some no-name band has got to go. Pretty sad that the gameday folks can't come up with something original. It's really not that hard to find 2 songs to pump up this crowd.
    Founder of The J. Peterman Company - JPeterman.com - Follow me on Twitter

Well I'm gonna side with ballhawk, to make this thread 2-2 re: The Chant :D I really liked it! It's funny you say it was Michigan's chant, because the first thing I thought was, 'Wow! This place sounds like a college!' All that youth and rabidness and electricity.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

The chant is cool, there's no question about that. It's just not original, and thus, IMO, kind of lame. Next thing you know, they'll be handing out purple towels for fans to wave. Oh, wait...
    Founder of The J. Peterman Company - JPeterman.com - Follow me on Twitter

They've been doing that at Euro soccer games for years.

I liked it but think we need some practice.

I was concerned with Baltimore's overall inability to modulate the tone of the chant.

lol.

From where I was sitting, it sounded like a 2 note "oooh."

Maybe it sounded better on TV??

But at least from inside the stadium, I got the impression that the Michigan fans were much better than us Baltimorons...

If the chant is from Michigan, we can't use it when we play the Patriots, that's for sure. :P
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

I've never liked the song, and it irks the hell out of me that they're openly imitating the Steeler's playing of Renegade (and apparently, the U of Mich).

Maybe it'll grow on me.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Eh, it was fun and it was loud. I liked it. My brother is a huge Michigan fan (flew to Ann Arbor Friday night, flew back to B-more Sunday early morning). He did say, it was not nearly as loud as the big house, but thought it was cool.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterman View Post
    Yeah kinda lame that we stole that. And the kickoff song by some no-name band has got to go. Pretty sad that the gameday folks can't come up with something original. It's really not that hard to find 2 songs to pump up this crowd.
    I have been to about 10 opposing stadiums and what fires up the crowd if not the kickoff song but the pre-game intro. The Ravens with U2 and specifically the defense with Ray coming out is as electric as it gets.

If the Ravens return home 3-0 to face the Jets on Sunday night it is going to be insane when Ray and the boys coming out.

Trust me, Rex will have to have the Jets prepared emotionally because the surge of energy is palpable after Ray comes out.

BTW, Derrick Mason will probably have a hissy fit that he won't be announced last.....Oh wait.....

I don't mind the lack of originality and Michigan is one of many college fanbases that do it. In fact, I actually think Penn State started it.