Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Pittsburgh Reaction Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Even though we failed to get the 1st after the Ray pick i love the fact that we went for it anyway.
    +1

Harrison (I believe) made a hell of a tackle on Rice to stop that first down. Gotta give him credit where it's due. Bottom line though, that call was AGGRESSIVE, and we were not aggressive with a lead last year, and ultimately it cost us a home AFC Championship game. Clearly this team knows that - the 2 point conversion was pure aggression for aggression's sake.

Going for that 1st down was a good sign going forward, as far as I can tell.

Well the Ravens came to play. We came to well I am not sure what we came to do
    This comment a few pages further in was just as good.

Great game all around. And watching it live in HD made it so much better.

And most of the experts picked against us too. I think Michael Irving was the only one that said we'd win that I know of.

And to echo what many other people said, we are just gonna get better.

Blog Entries

The best comment of them all came from Suggs.

BEN IS A GOOD QB BUT HIS ASS IS MINE!

laugh:

He's had other great comments over the years like when he dropped to us in the draft because
    of a poor 40 time. Phil Savage actually called Ozzie right after that time and said Suggs just fell to us.

I'M A FOOTBALL PLAYER, NOT A TRACK STAR. LOL.

SO TRUE.

Lots of self-delusion in Stillerland. I read their ENTIRE game thread for today. Took about an hour. I read their pathetic ramblings so you don't have to. http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/m...C94613?Page=82

To summarize: someone said we "shot our wads" and will have nothing left after this game. (Wishful thinking with no historical precedent in the Harbaugh Era.) Someone else said we will not win another game in the division. (Ditto.) They took every opportunity to sarcastically call Flacco, Joe Montana or Tom Brady--self-medication for their psyche, as it makes Joe's 3 TD, 200+ yd. performance less about Joe being good than about their D being bad. They referred to how the Patriots routinely school them but how they still make the SB--ignoring, conveniently, how on those occasions they never went through the Patriots.

Collectively, they were WAY too high on Taylor covering Evans, as if the fact he caught no balls was significant. It was Evans' first official game as a Raven, he was hardly targeted except on basic throwaways or low-success plays, and EVEN WITHOUT TOUCHING THE BALL allowed us to torch them underneath. Evans did his job.

They also put WAY too much stock into our "only" 35 points after forcing 7 turnovers. How many of those turnovers came with the game pretty much decided? Our mentality was "chew clock, it's cool if we get a FG, and if we don't score at all but take four minutes off, that's fine too."

A couple references to how the '79 Stillers had a terrible start too, which is . Lots of loser whining about Phil Simms. They apparently can't take it if only 70%+ of the media picks them to win, or if their jocks aren't being ridden for a full 60 minutes.

Throw in some moronic indignation about how we went for two (Harbaugh, apparently, is "a classless coach for a classless organization in a classless city") along with someone shouting, "The refs are acting as if the STEELERS are the dirty ones!!!" (I'M NOT KIDDING) and you have your typical Steelers fan retardation. It truly was at a historic level today. It almost broke the internet.
    Last edited by akashicrecorder; 09-12-2011 at 01:31 AM.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

i know a lot of you guys dont like me here....but for us,i have been giving it to them on steelersfever under "ravenslifer"
    They are worse crybabies than us
    Even when i compliment,they are whining
    oh well!!!!!!hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Lots of self-delusion in Stillerland. I read their ENTIRE game thread for today. Took about an hour. I read their pathetic ramblings so you don't have to. http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/m...C94613?Page=82

To summarize: someone said we "shot our wads" and will have nothing left after this game. (Wishful thinking with no historical precedent in the Harbaugh Era.) Someone else said we will not win another game in the division. (Ditto.) They took every opportunity to sarcastically call Flacco, Joe Montana or Tom Brady--self-medication for their psyche, as it makes Joe's 3 TD, 200+ yd. performance less about Joe being good than about their D being bad. They referred to how the Patriots routinely school them but how they still make the SB--ignoring, conveniently, how on those occasions they never went through the Patriots.

Collectively, they were WAY too high on Taylor covering Evans, as if the fact he caught no balls was significant. It was Evans' first official game as a Raven, he was hardly targeted except on basic throwaways or low-success plays, and EVEN WITHOUT TOUCHING THE BALL allowed us to torch them underneath. Evans did his job.

They also put WAY too much stock into our "only" 35 points after forcing 7 turnovers. How many of those turnovers came with the game pretty much decided? Our mentality was "chew clock, it's cool if we get a FG, and if we don't score at all but takes four minutes off, that's fine too."

A couple references to how the '79 Stillers had a terrible start too, which is . Lots of loser whining about Phil Simms. They apparently can't take it if only 70%+ of the media picks them to win.

Throw in some moronic indignation about how we went for two (Harbaugh, apparently, is "a classless coach for a classless organization in a classless city") along with someone shouting, "The refs are acting as if the STEELERS are the dirty ones!!!" (I'M NOT KIDDING) and you have your typical Steelers fan retardation. It truly was at a historic level today. It almost broke the internet.
    Ah, stop acting like this is anything new. Go to any board of any teams fans and with a beatdown like today, the "sky is falling" fans come out of the wood work and as annoying as FUCK. I hate them all, fuck 'em. I'm not a retard. I'm not going to let week 1 of the NFL football season determine how the whole season is going to go. That's retardedness at it's best.

Good game today, well deserved. But don't expect to beat us down like that next time, haha. Always remember it could be you getting your ass kicked at any time and this place could look exactly like ours after today.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie b View Post
    i know a lot of you guys dont like me here....but for us,i have been giving it to them on steelersfever under "ravenslifer"
    They are worse crybabies than us
    Even when i compliment,they are whining
    oh well!!!!!!hahahaha
    Hell your own kind don't even like you? You admit you're crybabies in the same thread a guy up top is making fun of our fans whining? Hmmm. You recognize my name. As I said, I came here and gave you the respect and extended your board my hand and the good game. You came over to troll. Nothing else, nothing more. You know it.:respect
    Last edited by StainlessStill8; 09-12-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Remember where you are, Stainless.

You're going to lose any pissing contest around here.

Hey Houston,thanks for the support
    Me and Stainless have been going back and forth for the last hour over there
    Its a little more civil now
    Hes actually pretty cool...but very spirited for his team
    Just like me and you
    Thanks Again for the support,bro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crow1994 View Post
    I think Michael Irving was the only one that said we'd win that I know of.
    And he is a crack head.

Blog Entries

We should all be crack heads after a prediction like that. I sure didn't
    have us winning.

:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessStill8 View Post
    Ah, stop acting like this is anything new. Go to any board of any teams fans and with a beatdown like today, the "sky is falling" fans come out of the wood work and as annoying as FUCK. I hate them all, fuck 'em. I'm not a retard. I'm not going to let week 1 of the NFL football season determine how the whole season is going to go. That's retardedness at it's best.

Good game today, well deserved. But don't expect to beat us down like that next time, haha. Always remember it could be you getting your ass kicked at any time and this place could look exactly like ours after today.
    Steelers aren't as bad as they looked; Ravens may not be as good as they looked. But the Ravens made the Steelers look slow, which has to be a concern. I don't ever recall a lopsided game when both teams were expected to go to the playoffs. I actually expected the Ravens to lose because all of their new guys weren't up to speed, then win the November game when everybody was in sync.

Bottom line, as you say, the jury's still out.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell