Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: We completely re-wrote the, "How to beat the Steelers" book.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Evans cleared out an area on several plays by drawing a double. He's valuable even when he doesn't catch a pass.
    This. We haven't had the ability to create space with route combinations in the past, because nobody took Mason seriously. He could try to run a clear out route, but nobody'd bite, so rarely could we isolate a TE on a LB on a drag route, for example.

Throw in the wrinkle of lining up Dickson in the backfield as a FB/H-back or whatever, and they had matchup problems all over the place. We took what they gave us. Didn't need to throw much to Evans today, but he'll get his once he and Joe get on the same page about when to break off routes, look back shoulder, etc.

Evans looked like his timing with Joe was off....the other passes were missed by Joe. Joe looked very good overall today and I'm quite certain that Evans will be more in synch with more practice time with Joe.

In terms of how to beat the Steelers (or any other team for that matter), a good game plan, good execution and a willingness to be more physical than the other guy till the game clock runs out. That's my recipe.

The Ravens play like they did today, they can beat anybody. Yep I said it....ANYBODY

When is the last time we heard the words "Our TE's" or "Our OL" were the factors that won the game?

Lee didn't need to make catches today, because he did the job of pulling the CB's downfield and making LB's and safeties cover Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta. That's going to be a bad matchup every week. Remember, we don't just have a one Todd Heap anymore. We have two extremely capable, young, and talented TE's.

Lee Evans will get his catches. Eventually they will have to roll coverage back to the TE's, and then Evans will start getting behind the coverage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    New England basically destroyed them last year with their rookie TEs, if you have multiple options whether it's two TE sets or multiple WR sets you can beat the Steelers.
    I would like to make the small edit that Aaron Hernandez hardly played in that game last year. So, that would be TE, singular.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The game unfolded similarly to the way the Super Bowl did. At the beginning of the game, the Steelers were blitzing and Polamalu was closer to the line of scrimmage. Later in the game, after it was clear that the Ravens could go over the top, the Steelers didn't blitz as much and Polamalu was deeper in coverage, where he is less effective.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore