Transcript: Interview With Bart Scott Part I

Back on April 1 we had Bart Scott in studio with us for the second half of GAMETIME. In this the first of two parts, Bart discusses the hit on Ben Roethlisberger, the energy of M&T Bank Stadium and much more...HERE

Re: Transcript: Interview With Bart Scott Part I

You are going to get tired of me saying it – but here it is again.

Yay!

Thanks for the write-up. Just read it. He really is climbing up on my list of all time fav Ravens.

Thanks again!
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

TL: Now Bart you almost went somewhere else. If memory serves me correctly you were visiting the Browns in Cleveland when your agent called to say that the Ravens came through with a number that would keep you in Baltimore.

BS: I wasn’t going anywhere. All I wanted was a free steak.

Bart rules! Still my favorite Raven.

NFL players are well indoctinated in not saying much in interviews ("our offense made a great play on that...") so when you get an inside nugget it's great. I liked Bart Scott's mention of T Suggs on The Rothleisberger Hit (YOU know which hit!), that Suggs' coverage made Ben hesitate and helped lead to The Hit. good job!
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

thanks for the info. not really sure why you'd give away braylon edwards as the whiniest player though.

Quote Originally Posted by wash yourself View Post
    thanks for the info. not really sure why you'd give away braylon edwards as the whiniest player though.
    If you are suggesting that Bart said that (since the comment appears on this thread), keep in mind that we have access to many players, coaches and front office executives. Simply tying this interview to yesterday's Grapevine isn't as simple as 1 + 1.

Perhaps Bart changed his mind...perhaps he said someone else and then after we mentioned it privately to another member of the organization he/she said Edwards and that fit the column better given the Cleveland slant in the piece...perhaps Bart never offered his answer and we asked someone else who provided one under the condition of anonymity.

This isn't the first time an anonymous answered was offered up and it won't be the last time here or on thousands of other sites.

Funny that the condition of anonymity is being brought up here when message boards by their very nature provide such a luxury/shield.

Remember what happens when you assume. :grbac:
    Last edited by TL24x7; 05-21-2007 at 06:59 AM.