Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: SI writer gives Ravens '10' hateability score

With the exception of Green Bay (5) and New Orleans (2) all the better teams in the league scored 8-10 and all the crappy teams - with the exception of the Redskins (10) - scored low on the hateability scale....

With success comes hate, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    content, content, content the more the better.Ravenswintitle is right; if we were a .500 team no one would care.

"Let them hate us so long as they respect us!" Emperor Tiberius
    Yahoo's so desperate for new content they now include random reader blogs under team "news"

:grbac:

Folks who don't like the Ravens always talk that, "Yall stole Cleveland's team" nonsense. It's been 15+ years people.. try something else. *smh*

Blog Entries

Still, I think it's criminal that Philadelphia only got a 7. Their fan base alone should put them at the top of the list.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

That's 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. What a load of manure.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

"Hate" in sports is not the same as hate in life. I get the guys point...but I don't think most fans of the NFL care about the former Cleveland Browns thing...just AFC North fans. Also, the only way anyone could "hate" Ray Lewis is if he has crushed their QB or they don't like his openly expressed faith. As a football player, Ray Lewis is awesome to watch and I would take him on the Steelers any day...even at his age right now. The guy just brings something most players don't and I love watching him play...plus I respect his "no fast food in 13 years" committment. So, while I "hate" the Ravens and in Pittsburgh that will always be a "10"...in the rest of the NFL I would say the Ravens are a 5 and Ray Lewis is a 2.

Blog Entries

SI? They haven't been relevant since the birth of the internet.

I suppose we could try to understand that if Los Angeles or Sacramento did it. Those cities could claim they didn't know better. But Baltimore? After all those years of crying because the Colts left town, how could Baltimore steal another iconic team from a city that loved it desperately?
    Jacksonville Jaguars: Their uniforms are teal and their city never should have gotten an NFL team. As the Jaguars enter their 17th year, I refuse to acknowledge they exist. HATEABILITY FACTOR: N/A
    Shaking my head :grbac:

What an idiotic article.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

10. Re: SI writer gives Ravens '10' hateability score

I was unaware that the Kissing Suzy Kolber style of sports writing had migrated to Sports Illustrated.

Wow, get over it Dude, 16 years, move past, it's done!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beezo View Post
    Folks who don't like the Ravens always talk that, "Yall stole Cleveland's team" nonsense. It's been 15+ years people.. try something else. *smh*
    Whenever I hear this shit I immediately remind them of Indianapolis and how they didn't just steal our team, but the history, records, uniforms, etc: while Art Modell left all of Cleveland's crap back there with them (thank G-D).

Then I remind those people that Jacksonville stole our expansion franchise thanks to the anti-Baltimore hatred from the NFL and it's leader Paul Tagliabue at the time.