Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SI writer gives Ravens '10' hateability score

SI writer gives Ravens a maximum '10' for hateability

"Baltimore Ravens: Baltimore stole Cleveland's team. I suppose we could try to understand that if Los Angeles or Sacramento did it. Those cities could claim they didn't know better. But Baltimore? After all those years of crying because the Colts left town, how could Baltimore steal another iconic team from a city that loved it desperately? This is like Elin Nordegren cheating on her next husband with a waiter from Perkins."
    Also: Ray Lewis. HATEABILITY FACTOR: 10

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1XNprVk5Y

and the stoolers only got a 9. boo!
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Re: SI writer gives Ravens '10' hateability score

he may be right (if there is such a thing) but I doubt that it has much to do with the Browns move. It's more about the bravado, Ray, etc.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

3. Re: SI writer gives Ravens '10' hateability score

this proved one thing.... they have very little to talk about in the NFL right now.

In this climate of toning down extreme rhetoric, I am surprised SI ran an article about 'hateability.' I did not find anything interesting there. Yawn.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Blog Entries

Yep...the whole city of Baltimore just went to Cleveland packed them up and moved them here. Nobody else had anything to do with it.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Sometimes I read some blog entry or article and I think, I get more out of reading the goofballs on ravens24x7.

This was one of those occasions. He's just some guy babbling about his own highly subjective opinions. Who could be bothered to read the whole thing, really.
    Last edited by festivus; 09-08-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: no offense, my fellow goofballs-in-arms. ;-)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Yep...the whole city of Baltimore just went to Cleveland packed them up and moved them here. Nobody else had anything to do with it.
    Exactly, and last time I checked the Cleveland Doo-Doo Browns were still in fact the Cleveland Doo-Doo Browns.

Often hate from others is a sign of success. I'll take it!

Blog Entries

So the Titans taking Houston's team is worth a 5. The Rams taking LA's team is worth a 6. Do we get extra points for style?
    Last edited by GOTA; 09-08-2011 at 03:21 PM.

SI used to pride themselves on being the high quality journalistic brand. Guess they've given up on that and are chasing the deadspin/bleacher report model. Awesome.

Blog Entries

I read it, thought I'd hate it and I actually got a few chuckles from the article. Not serious journalism, to be sure, but funny in parts. Lighten up, folks.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

content, content, content the more the better.
    Ravenswintitle is right; if we were a .500 team no one would care.

"Let them hate us so long as they respect us!" Emperor Tiberius
    Last edited by sailorsam; 09-08-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)