Thread: Media Watchdog

Media Watchdog

Saw a new feature on 24x7 today titled Media Watchdog I think? I kind of liked it although I disagree about Drew Forrester. That guys show is horrible. But, back to my point, I like the idea of someone critiquing the various shows in our area. It may keep these shows a bit more honest and anyone has to be better than Ray Frager's column in the Sun. Chime in people.

Re: Media Watchdog

Kudos for the new column. I'm glad to hear that the 'Bulldog' contributes something, maybe one day I'll tune in 1300 again. I did hear a promotion recently where Mark Viviano was talking about his stinky feet, but I didn't hear much besides that.

And the ongoing survival of the Anita Marks show baffles me.

Anyway, the idea of the new column is great and this is a great first installment. Time to click on the sponsors again!

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

And the ongoing survival of the Anita Marks show baffles me.

I used to listen to 1300 everyday at 4:00 even though its always been kind of a weak spot in their lineup. But I just can't stand the Miss Miami show! I don't even tune in anymore so I don't what she's up to lately. I just am also baffled at how she stays on the air! I guess she goes through a lot of Knee Pads.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

anyone has to be better than Ray Frager's column in the Sun. Chime in people.
    I happen to like Ray Frager's column, but I agree that this is a nice idea. I'll check it out.

Nestor Marks is still on??
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Thumbs down Re: Media Watchdog

On my PM commute home I tune into 1300 when there is a commercial on WNST. I never liked the idea of a person from Miami hosting a Baltimore sports talk radio show...man or woman I don't care.

At times she is OK when she sticks to sports...but almost every segment I hear either starts or ends w/ something about her personal life. Yesterday it was how many beads she earned at Mardi Gras in New Orleans. We don't want to hear Oprah talk sports.

I really would be surprised if she is around that much longer.

FM

The Media Watchdog is a work in progress and it will appear regularly on Tuesdays. It will cover all areas of media (print, web, radio, TV) and Scot will try to give a nice cross section of topics while making it Ravens/NFL centric during the season.

He will call it as HE sees it.

Your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated....

We look forward to a fun and debatable weekly column from Scot....

Tony.....I really like the fact that you are willing to have a column that will review everyone, including "yourself" and the gang at Gametime. That is a nice touch if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain View Post
    Tony.....I really like the fact that you are willing to have a column that will review everyone, including "yourself" and the gang at Gametime. That is a nice touch if you ask me.
    BB, I almost edited the part that Scot wrote about GAMETIME out b/c the last thing I want the column to be is a piece of propaganda. I hope Scot calls us out both on the radio and here if we screw up. How else do you get better unless you listen to constructive criticism and learn, right?

I hope he doesn't make fun of my haircut or my salmon colored t-shirt from Fish Tales

I don't watch a lot of baseball, but the little I have seen on MASN pre and post game shows I would say is a little less than objective. Anyone else have some impressions on MASN?

FM