Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: New players could be difference in game planning

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Man I said it once, twice now I'm sayin it three timeswe have the element of surprise here we have guys they either have never seen or seen very little of it will come down to if these players can take advantage of their time.
    Smoove they are not ready to hear it now because they are consumed with pessimistic doubts and I understand that. I'm lovin your passion man, keep preaching the truth man . Let them get all the negativity and doubts out of their systems now, we'll see what happens on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    The new players should make a difference, but not so much because of gameplanning and element of suprise. The guys we brought in are better blockers. Scheme is over rated in this rivalry. We need to be the more physical team in the trenches and we need some more explosive plays from the playmakers. I think the moves Oz made take us in that direction a lot more than basically going with the same matchups and expecting a different result.
    Well said JW, well said.

Blog Entries

Shuga its our time man I just feel it I have no worries this season. You know how I used to get on the other board before the season, not this time we got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Shuga its our time man I just feel it I have no worries this season. You know how I used to get on the other board before the season, not this time we got this.
    I know how you were on the other board and if you're feeling like this now then I know something special could happen for the Ravens this year. The players are feeling a sense of urgency and they seem more relaxed and focused.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    The players are feeling a sense of urgency and they seem more relaxed and focused.
    We're in year four of the Harbaugh era and it appears that everyone on the team has bought in. That makes a big difference in attitude. I think they really believe in the W.I.N. philosophy. Even Suggs has been to the point when asked about the game and the rivalry. I can't wait for Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    True. I hate to admit it, but Tomlin is a class act.
    Real Class Act

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I disagree. With the short off season I think it puts us at a terrible disadvantage. Our guys simply have not had enough time together to truly take advantage of the unpredictability that comes with adding new players.

We are going to see a lot of communication problems on the offensive side of the ball. We are going to see missed blocking assignments, wrong routes being run, Flacco and the receivers not always responding to certain coverages the same way. Those are all problems that are going to come with those guys only having really 1 week of full practice together. Pittsburgh and every team around the NFL will have some of those problems but we will have them much more.

IMO, over hauling the roster the way we did was not a good idea this off season.
    Cory, I actually agree with you, except that I don't agree that the overhaul was a good idea. Yes, the team will be too rough at the beginning of the season, and I anticipate a loss and a difficult month. Still, I don't agree that it wasn't the right decision or that we shouldn't have done it because we were facing the Steelers in week 1. With the Steelers age and dependence of veterans I anticipate attrition dragging them down into the season. Had we not gone young and not rebuilt vital parts of our team that attrition would have been guaranteed to happen to us too. As the season going forward, I anticipate the Ravens getting stronger, while the Steelers get weaker.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Cory, I actually agree with you, except that I don't agree that the overhaul was a good idea. Yes, the team will be too rough at the beginning of the season, and I anticipate a loss and a difficult month. Still, I don't agree that it wasn't the right decision or that we shouldn't have done it because we were facing the Steelers in week 1. With the Steelers age and dependence of veterans I anticipate attrition dragging them down into the season. Had we not gone young and not rebuilt vital parts of our team that attrition would have been guaranteed to happen to us too. As the season going forward, I anticipate the Ravens getting stronger, while the Steelers get weaker.
    I am questioning the timing of it more so than the actual act of it. This off season was an off season more than any other that we needed continuity because of how short it was. People argue that the reason that Cameron was not fired was that very reason. I just think it should have happened last year or next year. When they would have had a full off season to work together.

Mike Wallace doesn't share Tomlin's trepidation. But whats interesting, more of them running their mouths in response to silence from Ravens camp.

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/account/client/ravens/ravens.viewnewsItem.jspa?entry=46386

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Mike Wallace doesn't share Tomlin's trepidation. But whats interesting, more of them running their mouths in response to silence from Ravens camp.

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/account...pa?entry=46386
    How about Flacco adding a little fuel to the fire? He's not worried about Harrison and Woodley because we've got the guys in place to take care of them. Outside of that I like the humbleness coming from the Ravens side.

Blog Entries

The one new player that Tomlin should be worried about is Lee Evans. Evans has the ability to completely change the Ravens passing game if Cam can use him properly

Blog Entries

JSmoove : Man I said it once, twice now I'm sayin it three timeswe have the element of surprise here we have guys they either have never seen or seen very little of it will come down to if these players can take advantage of their time.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Smoove they are not ready to hear it now because they are consumed with pessimistic doubts and I understand that. I'm lovin your passion man, keep preaching the truth man . Let them get all the negativity and doubts out of their systems now, we'll see what happens on Sunday.
    Smoove and Sugar -> Only talkin' about the defense here. I believe that young guys like Art Jones and McPhee (DLine), Kruger and Kindle (OLBs), and Pollard (SS) plus Cody @ NT will slap the face of the Steelers offense because they're not used to seeing this much Ravens depth.
    If Flacco, and the offense, can put up some points (20 ?) then we will turn the tables on Pitts. Punish them "purple and black"... Bc