Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Ravens Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    McAdoo goin for 1 under T-Sizz. This kid could really turn into something good.
    I really think the Ravens know something about this kid and there is a huge upside. Rob Long mentioned today that he played under Pagano at UNC while he was the d coordinator there. So obviously there is some background. It'll be interesting to see this kid develop.

Re: Ravens Depth Chart

8 gets not dressed for Week 1? I'll say Macadoo,Williams,Wilson,McClellan,Brown,Allen,Mattison and Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    8 gets not dressed for Week 1? I'll say Macadoo,Williams,Wilson,McClellan,Brown,Allen,Mattison and Phillips
    I'm guessing you are referring to LaQuan Williams, Aaron Wilson said that Cam Cameron plans to incorporate him into the game plan on Sunday.

Looks like they finally updated the depth chart.

-Tandon Doss listed behind David Reed and Torrey Smith
    -Cary Williams and Foxworth listed as the starting corners
    -Zibby listed as the starter alongside Reed
    -LaQuan Williams listed as the 4th punt returner (Carr and Zibby are ahead) and 3rd KO returner (Reed and LW ahead)
    -There's no listed backup guards. I'm assuming LeVoir would fill in if there was an injury, or maybe even Mattison.

Blog Entries

My take on the "suprises"...

1. No one should've been fooled into thinking Torrey Smith would be 5th on the depth chart. He's a 2nd round pick, high potential. His preseason misses aside, coaches feel like he's going to be a big contributor this year. Only makes sense to throw him out there early, give him a chance to contribute. I'd bet we have 5 WRs active on gameday, and Doss sees a fair amount of snaps.

2. Gurode isn't on that depth chart. I'm guessing the Ravens have their own internal fill on the OL depth, reading something like...

McKinnie - Grubbs - Birk - Yanda - Oher
    LeVoir - LeVoir - Gurode - Mattison - Reid

3. Suprised to see that Art Jones is 2nd string at both DE spots, with McPhee 3rd string. I guess for now, they want to "protect" the rookie

4. No suprise that McClain is the starter beside Ray. Phillips backs up Ray, Ellerbe and BA backing up McClain

5. Foxworth as the starter...huh....we'll see if that sticks. Almost wonder if that's a "political" move. Webb as 5th CB looks weird.

6. Zbi is listed as starter, but I'd expect the snap splits between him, Pollard, and Nakamura to be about 38 - 37 - 25 (Pollard and Zbi close to equal, Nakamura gets a bit of play as well).

7. Reed will be returning kicks week 2, Webb should get the opportunity Week 1, but I could see LaQuan getting a shot or two towards the end of the game.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    s-55-
    Is that list your interpretation, or is it from some other source? It looks to make sense, but I'm really curious how the Ravens are saying they are going to lay out guys for either side of the formation, both on offense and D. I see that they now display a much more explicit list of positions for depth on defense than in the past -- Will, Sam, Mike LBs, "Rush" (wonder if they constructed that category so fans wouldn't worry how Suggs and Kruger would look;)), and so forth.

PBG--
    Yeah, I saw that and mentioned it in my OP. Note also they have Reid starting at RT!
    Technically just my interpretation, but I can't imagine the one in Harbaugh's office has any major differences.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suggs55 View Post
    Technically just my interpretation, but I can't imagine the one in Harbaugh's office has any major differences.
    If you look at th BR.com one, yes there are a few differences.

1. Doss 3rd string, not 2nd
    2. Ngata is a DE, not DT
    3. OLB you are missing Kindle and McClellan (have him as ILB)
    4. Foxworth jumps to starter, although I believe that might be a respect move for a veteran. Hard to believe he'll really be starting given his rusty preseason
    5. Zbi starting over Pollard

That said, pretty close on your list.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!