Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: P. Manning out for seaon???

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Kerry Collins is a crafty QB. He can eek out a few wins.
    he's pretty awful; he has lost all of his mobility. I guess we'll know soon enough

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Manning out 2-3 months

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp6714

It will be interesting to watch Indy this year w/o Manning. N.E. did okay without Brady whne they had to do it. I think Indy is more Manning-dependent though. I guess we will see.

It has been an impressive run by Manning to have never missed a start. Like Roethlisberger, he has had the Ravens number when games meant something. A fan of football has to respect that as much as I hate it. If he is out for 3 months, the Ravens probably still will have to face him in Week 13.

Is this injury similar to the one Reed deals with ongoingly?

Is this injury similar to the one Reed deals with ongoingly?
    Good question. Reed was on NFLN yesterday and was asked about Manning - his advice was to put off the surgery as long as possible, ideally until you were done playing. Seemed to be speaking from his own experience. Maybe they are similar.

As for Manning, unless the Colts are somehow in the playoff picture in 3 months time, I can't see Manning coming back this season. I don't know why they won't just put him on IR. Give him a full year to heal and write this season off...if you risk pushing him back for a few likely meaningless games at the end of the season, and he injures it again, it's probably the end of his career. Not worth it.

Blog Entries

If that is what Reed said, I would think that he feels Manning will not be the same after the surgery.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Manning is certainly done for this season. The question will be will he ever come back?

The Colts are a 3 win team this year. 5 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Kerry Collins is a crafty QB. He can eek out a few wins.
    crafty, sure, but he's also 38 ys old and has a mediocre supporting cast
    they're toast.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Do the black helicopters keep you up at night?
    Nope. The tin-foil hat I wear keeps them from knowing where I live!!

But Irsay has certainly seen what one player can do and has been the #1 beneficiary of Peyton. Have you read any of Irsay's tweets yet or heard him interviewed lately? He's just as whacko as his old man...It might be a different type of whacko, but whacko none the less...

I don't know that this is really that big a loss for the Colts long term.

How bad are the Colts without Manning? I'd venture to say pretty bad; the whole team is built around the concept of having a top 3 quarterback at the reins from the lack of a decent power-running game to the sell-out for passrush playing from ahead defense.

We all know that Kerry Collins is not that world-beater. Even in his prime (let's call that 2000 through 2005) the guy never threw more than 22 TDs (2000) and had a passer rating high of about 85 (2002). Collins has always needed a big running game and the Colts, frankly, don't have that.

Silver (and I'd argue it's better than that) lining?

Who is going to win the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes? Could the Colts be worse than the 49ers?

Long term, if the Colts have to pick a year to tank...this is that year. Then Manning comes back and players for 1-3 more years with Luck sitting behind him, then Indy doesn't vanish into the dark ages of NFL play...like so many other teams that lost great QBs: Post-Boomer Esiason Bengals, Post-Bradshaw Steelers, Post-Warner Cardinals, Post Bulger/Warner Rams, Post-Brunnell Jags, etc.

So...might this be the perfect storm for everyone's "favorite" team? It certainly could be (then again the colts have been terrible in the draft the last 5 years: massively overdrafting players based on need).
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Nope. The tin-foil hat I wear keeps them from knowing where I live!!

But Irsay has certainly seen what one player can do and has been the #1 beneficiary of Peyton. Have you read any of Irsay's tweets yet or heard him interviewed lately? He's just as whacko as his old man...It might be a different type of whacko, but whacko none the less...

He is an odd duck to be sure. I actually enjoy his tweets except when he is obviously high and tweeting song lyrics.