Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: P. Manning out for seaon???

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Serves me right for not paying attention ot the Peyton stuff for the past week. I knew he was hurt and it was a risk picking him,

But I would have loved to have seen this thread LAST NIGHT...before the fantasy draft.

I thought if he was only missing a few games, he was a steal for the 4th round...apparently not!

:)

Looks like I'll have to lean on Kolb! Booo!
    Haha sucker!

All kidding aside, I have 5 damaged cervical spine disks in my neck and Ed Reed is right, do NOT get surgery if you can help it, rehab, work hard, grit through the pain because I don't think you can ever be the same after messing with it. Wouldn't be surprised if Manning is done after this, really.

A neck isn't a knee, the pain is paralyzing.

Blog Entries

Have to believe Peyton won't play this year, despite what Colts may say right now.

They will be well out of it by the time Peyton can come back (said to be 2-3 months at minimum) so what is the point of him coming back to play 4-5 games for a 2-10 team? I don't see any way the Colts aren't one of the worst teams in the league this year.

Blog Entries

We all knew it was coming. We just did not expect it to happen this soon, and under such unfortunate circumstances. I do not want to see anyone have to live with neck problems.

Who are they going to beat without him? There are only four games on their schedule that I could see them winning without Manning. Two of those are against Jacksonville, one is against Cincinnati and one is against Carolina.

That defense loses significant effectiveness without Manning to help put pressure on teams.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Have to believe Peyton won't play this year, despite what Colts may say right now.

They will be well out of it by the time Peyton can come back (said to be 2-3 months at minimum) so what is the point of him coming back to play 4-5 games for a 2-10 team? I don't see any way the Colts aren't one of the worst teams in the league this year.
    Agreed. No reason to play him if they are out of the running, and by the time he might be ready, it's likely they'll have a losing record. And since he is about to turn 36, not sure how many years he would have anyway.

We may have seen the last of him. Great QB. Wish he had been on another team ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Agreed. No reason to play him if they are out of the running, and by the time he might be ready, it's likely they'll have a losing record. And since he is about to turn 36, not sure how many years he would have anyway.

We may have seen the last of him. Great QB. Wish he had been on another team ;)
    Manning is due a $23 million roster bonus in March 2012. Don't you think the Colts would want to make sure he is ok to play before they pay out that kind of money?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Manning is due a $23 million roster bonus in March 2012. Don't you think the Colts would want to make sure he is ok to play before they pay out that kind of money?
    I think it will be pretty clear by then

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

ESPN is reporting 2-3 months is an EXTREMELY accelerated timeline to be back out on the field. I think the Colts would like to know he's ok to play but at the same time, I can't imagine the Colts or Peyton is going to risk further or more serious injury just to make sure he is ok to play before they pay him the bonus money.

Blog Entries

I think once October/November rolls around and the Colts are out of the playoff hunt, they'll shut Peyton down for the year and see where he's at come March.

The Colts without Peyton are a 4-6 win team.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think once October/November rolls around and the Colts are out of the playoff hunt, they'll shut Peyton down for the year and see where he's at come March.

The Colts without Peyton are a 4-6 win team.
    As long as they win enough games to not get the first pick in the draft. No way should the Football Gods allow the Colts to get Andrew Luck. I want them to suffer through at least a decade of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I don't know.

YOu would THINK that BUT...

The Colts ownership and coaches have shown they could care less about thier own fanbase and are willing to tank games at the end of the season when "nothing's on the line" to simply keep someone healthy.

No reason to see why they wouldn't do it now to potentially ensure their franchise has another 10 years of prosperity...

Do the black helicopters keep you up at night?

Kerry Collins is a crafty QB. He can eek out a few wins.

I wish Peyton a full recovery. I'm not a Colts fan, but the guy is just hard to hate.