Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bryant McKinnie

Re: Bryant McKinnie

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I'll give you that but I just think Joe fits the Air Coryell system better. I wasn't happy when Cam was brought back but he's back so it's no point in complaining about it anymore. The hope is that he and Joe finally have the combination of speed and youth at WR and TE that will make the Air Coryell system work effectively. I know that unless Cam makes things right the stupid end around jokes and constant complaining will continue. However if the Ravens win on Sunday and the offense is at least effective I would like to think that fans would cut Cam and Joe a break since it seems that beating the Steelers is the equivalent of winning the Superbowl to some fans.
    I hear ya Sugar, and I am rooting hard for Cam. He had issues last year, but I agree that he gets way too much blame from the casual fan.

Seems like we would go for someone that was less of a west coast guy than Chilly.

Seems like that may not be the right fit, unless we were planning on completely overhauling the offense.

I was secretly hoping for McDainel last year. He's a heckuva O-coordinator, but a lousy HC. Of course tha'ts what people said about Cam 3 years ago too...

Quote Originally Posted by EastonRaven View Post
    That's where I tend to put some blame squarely in Cam's court. Everybody in the stadium saw what was coming and whoever had the feed to Flacco's helmet/headset shoulda been screaming bloody murder...then again, maybe he did and Joe went with the "I can get it out quick" gamble. Let's hope that if nothing else, it was a hard lesson learned....call timeout, adjust the line/protection or audible out and play for another down (or was it third down). At any rate, there were options or should have been.
    Flacco did admit to thinking he could get the ball out before he got there, but I'm sure he also expected Oher to shift and at least cause him to go much wider. For the record, Birk admits that he blew the call.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There was an interview not too long ago with Harbs and he stated that Birk was supposed to make a line adjustment there and he didn't. Oher should have seen that and made the adjustment anyway.

I believe GOTA pointed that out.

I'm not taking the blame away from Flacco. He needs to be more aware on the field. However, that specific play was more about miss-communication on the OL.

On plays like that, what should happen is Flacco audibles to a quick pass or an off-tackle run to the right side since Polamalu was coming in from the left.
    To be honest, I'd just take knowing the situation and protecting the ball. Even if he had given up a Peyton Manning fetal position type of sack we would have punted and been better off. Why he decided to completely turn his back to him when it was obvious he was going to come untouched is one of the world's greatest mysterious. Flacco overestimated his own ability and underestimated the hair.

Blog Entries

That's where I tend to put some blame squarely in Cam's court. Everybody in the stadium saw what was coming and whoever had the feed to Flacco's helmet/headset shoulda been screaming bloody murder...then again, maybe he did and Joe went with the "I can get it out quick" gamble. Let's hope that if nothing else, it was a hard lesson learned....call timeout, adjust the line/protection or audible out and play for another down (or was it third down). At any rate, there were options or should have been.
    The headset cuts off before Joe gets the LOS. I am pretty sure its only on for 5 or 10 seconds. Joe would have had to be looking at the sideline to see the coach frantically wanting him to change.

My seats are behind the Ravens bench towards the 20.

Nobody, not one soul, was screaming at Joe and trying to signal him to change plays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    My seats are behind the Ravens bench towards the 20.

Nobody, not one soul, was screaming at Joe and trying to signal him to change plays.
    Sometimes I wonder whether you actually read any of the conversations you comment on.

IF someone is screaming into a head set, which neither of us said they were, your going to see them doing it. And my point is that the only way Flacco would have been able to respond to someone "screaming bloody murder" into a headset was to actually look over to the sideline and see it because the headset connection would have been gone.

The point is that the headset connection was gone, not that folks screaming on the sideline is what actually happened.