Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cut Down Day Thread - Beware the Turk

Yeah remember we had Jeff Saturday before he became great with the Colts. I hope Barnes is not 2.0

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Aldrick Robinson cut by the Skins, i liked him during the draft process but the skins have a million WR's.
    I like him too, though he's not real big and had some attitude/suspension issues in college. Accomplished player at the position though, but he also played in an offense that threw all the time and doesn't translate well to the NFL. A few June Jones WR's have made it but only Davone Bess (last I heard he was on the Dolphins) comes to mind at the moment, and he's got a unique body type that suits him to his NFL role, whereas Robinson is a more generic WR type.

Blog Entries

so it sounds like Allen made it as RB and I'm guessing one of the young LBs will make it. Glad L' Williams made it too. could be exciting times

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think Barnes will be back with the PS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    And Davon Drew.
    Shocker! Tired of "projects." I'd rather look at high-rated guys who for whatever reason fell through the cracks, rather than finding guys with little football background (hello Ramon Harewood) and trying to turn them into NFL players.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I like him too, though he's not real big and had some attitude/suspension issues in college. Accomplished player at the position though, but he also played in an offense that threw all the time and doesn't translate well to the NFL. A few June Jones WR's have made it but only Davone Bess (last I heard he was on the Dolphins) comes to mind at the moment, and he's got a unique body type that suits him to his NFL role, whereas Robinson is a more generic WR type.
    Im sure they want him on their PS, i think he still has a chance to be a good 4th WR for someone, win in the slot, return kicks

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    I think Barnes will be back with the PS
    I'd like to see that, at worse i think he can be our backup C one day

Blog Entries

Shocker! Tired of "projects." I'd rather look at high-rated guys who for whatever reason fell through the cracks, rather than finding guys with little football background (hello Ramon Harewood) and trying to turn them into NFL players.
    It's ok to take project players every now and then. Maybe one a draft, but up until this past draft really I feel like we've loaded the draft with a ton of project players. Thus far, Kruger looks to be the only one really panning out.

I'm glad we took "football players" this past April.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It's ok to take project players every now and then. Maybe one a draft, but up until this past draft really I feel like we've loaded the draft with a ton of project players. Thus far, Kruger looks to be the only one really panning out.

I'm glad we took "football players" this past April.
    The one that bugs me the most is Harewood. The guy's never played anywhere or done anything. Meanwhile, in 2009 I think, Alex Boone fell through the draft (tackle from Ohio St). Going into the season he was the #1 rated tackle in the country. He had issues from a behavior standpoint, but the talent, playing time, and experience were all there. SF signed him as a UDFA, and now he's looking like a quality backup with potential starter ability. And we have... Harewood, who will never, ever, ever play.

Blog Entries

The one that bugs me the most is Harewood. The guy's never played anywhere or done anything. Meanwhile, in 2009 I think, Alex Boone fell through the draft (tackle from Ohio St). Going into the season he was the #1 rated tackle in the country. He had issues from a behavior standpoint, but the talent, playing time, and experience were all there. SF signed him as a UDFA, and now he's looking like a quality backup with potential starter ability. And we have... Harewood, who will never, ever, ever play.
    I ddon't think that we can say he'll "never, ever, ever" play. At least they didn't use a 3rd rounder on him like they did Oneil Cousins.

Harewood is pretty damn athletic and intelligent. I don't think they envisioned him as a guy who would really be able to contribute a whole lot for at least 2-3 years.

Look at how many guys slip through the cracks every draft.

Hell, DeAndre McDaniel was one of the top SS's available out of Clemson last year. In fact, for some time, he was rated as the top overall SS. He wasn't even drafted.

Blog Entries

I'm waiting to hear Ayanbadejo, Marcus Smith, and James Hardy's name.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm waiting to hear Ayanbadejo, Marcus Smith, and James Hardy's name.
    They are not cutting Ayanbadejo...I don't know why people want to run him off the roster every year.