Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32
    I originally posted that we would be 10 - 6, but I like some of the FA moves Ozzie has made, so I now see it as 11 - 5 and hopefully a wild card. I am mostly excited about next year because the FA moves ozzie made this year are all mulit year deals and the young guys will hopefully start showing some serious production.

** I will stick with my 11 - 5, but I think the Jets game could go either way, so a possible 12 - 4 if the line gels and can protect Flacco from Fatty McFatFat's constant blitzing.

Steelers - L
    @ Titans - W
    @ Rams - W
    Jets - L
    Texans - W
    @ Jaguars - W
    Cardinals - W
    @ Steelers - L
    @ Seahawks - W
    Bengals - W
    49ers - W
    @ Browns - W
    Colts - L
    @ Chargers - L
    Browns - W
    @ Bengals - W
    when's the last time the ravens lost 3 home games?

11-5. AFCN Champs, Super Bowl appearance.

Re: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

11-5.

The only concern i have is for the o-line and i don't think it will be as bad as last year.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Re: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    For real? Despite all the well documented issues last year they were a 12-4 team even with the AFC E and NFC S on the schedule. Come on man. Where are the 7 losses coming from exactly going down the schedule? Ohio?
    9-7 is that impossible for you to consider? It's not like I came in a 5-11 prediction. Just 2 years ago this team won 9 games but not there is no way that could happen?

I see the Ravens getting swept by the Steeler splitting with the Browns, losing to the Chargers, Texans, Colts and either at the Titans or against the Jets, not sure which yet.
    Last edited by GOTA; 09-03-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Sticking with 10-6. The O line will take a month to gel. Flacco needs to get rid of the ball faster and thru pre season, he has not done that. Also undecided whether or not the running game will be better than last year. The D is under a new coach and the secondary is unproven. There are alot of question marks at this point.
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

I agree. There are a lot of question marks still to be answered.

10-6.

I really hope they prove me wrong and do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    19-0

Seriously though I can see 14-2, #1 seed and a championship. I really like the moves this offseason (even though they did not include Nnamdi).

Other than Nnamdi the main thing I wanted was to get Oher back to RT and to beef up the run game. I believe McKinney and Leach will do just that. The othr thing I wanted was a legit deep threat to keep the 8 man fronts away from Rice, then comes Evans.

On D I really blamed Mattison for most of the 4th Q comebacks with that 3 man rush prevent dfense garbage and off coverage all day long. I think the D will respond to a more aggressive approach and crank up the sacks and takeaways.

Actually I am sticking with 19-0. F it. Let me see someone beat this team when fully assembled before I give them a loss.

I'm sticking with 12 - 4. Also an AFC Championship match-up with New England. I think JW is right. Going from Mattison's soft read and react approach, playing off receivers, 3 man rushes to the old Ravens style, and the presence of more physical players on defense (Smith, Pollard, more Webb, no Gooden, no Fabian) will make this defense better. I loved Mason but getting him out of Joe's ear will be a plus, and should result in Joe becoming the leader that a QB needs to be. Oher to RT and Yanda to RG greatly improved 2 positions, and McKinney does not have to be All-Pro to equal the job Oher did last year at LT. At WR, if the Ravens have had a better pair than Boldin and Evans, I don't remember it. Finally, coaches usually do get better, especially in the area of game management. Harbaugh should continue to grow as a game coach, so that aspect should also be improved.

All this improvement on a team that was 12 -4 and up by 14 points at Pgh in the playoffs before trying to sit on the lead.

8-8

Missing the playoffs for the first time in the Harbaugh era.

8. Re: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

11-5, split with Steelers (each team wins the away game).

Strong running game will be able to pound some teams into submission, passing game will still lag behind somewhat.

Pass rush and secondary will be better, but rush D will be worse than expected.

There is really no way we should lose to Cleveland.

And I can't even fathom losing to the Titans.

Blog Entries

I think there will be some bumps in the road this year but they should win enough to make the wildcard.

10-6

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Sticking with 14-2.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

12. Re: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

Steelers- L Too much too soon. The Ravens will not be ready.
    Titans- W
    Rams- W
    Jets- W
    Texans- L Will avenge their overtime loss from 2010.
    Jaguars- W
    Cardinals- W
    Steelers- W
    Seahawks- L Cross country road trip after a Steelers game.
    Bengals- W
    49ers- W
    Browns- L They're due.
    Colts- W
    Chargers- L Another cross country trip after a tough game.
    Browns- W
    Bengals- W

6-2 at home
    5-3 on the road

11-5 and a 5 or 6 seed wildcard team. Ravens will be in a late season play your way in situation, but benefit from what should be two soft games at the end.

Cam Cameron will be fired at the end of the season.

The Ravens will finish top 7 in total defense.

The Ravens will be one of the best running teams in the NFL but will still not be able to get their passing game where it needs to be.

Another wildcard win followed by another divisional round loss. The same frustration will force the Ravens to make a change at offensive coordinator.