Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Predict Ravens Record: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

11-5

Re: Predict Ravens Record: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

14-2

Losses at San Diego and not sure of the other. I think we get over the PIT hump in a big way and sweep them, but we will throw a clunker in sometime out of nowhere.

Home field and finally get to see Ray do his dance and M&T explode during the AFC Championship Game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Steelers - L
    @ Titans - W
    @ Rams - W
    Jets - L
    Texans - W
    @ Jaguars - W
    Cardinals - W
    @ Steelers - W
    @ Seahawks - W
    Bengals - W
    49ers - W
    @ Browns - W
    Colts - L
    @ Chargers - W
    Browns - W
    @ Bengals - W

I'm going to go with 13-3. I don't think we've fine tuned enough for the Steelers in the first meeting, but we'll be ready by the second. Colts seem to be another mental block, and the Jets are a mini-Raven team, they're catching up to us.
    Lose 3 at home and go undefeated on the road? Interesting.

I think though that 11-5 is enough to win the division. While a lot of pundits are ball washing the Steelers, I would take a pause. They are immediately stating that their defense is going to be lights out when there's a lot of age and injury that's creeping up on that team. In addition, they have to play the Pats who have their number and must go to Indy and Houston. That's not easy at all.
    Keep in mind, it's being reported today that Manning will need another surgery on his neck, and will be out "indefinitely". Certainly won't be starting the season, and I'd be very surprised if he's back by Week 3. That's a huge break for Pittsburgh if they get to go into Indy and only have to face Kerry Collins. I see 12-4 for Pittsburgh.

For the Ravens, I see 11-5. It's going to be a little rough early on, but they'll find their legs and make a late season surge for a wildcard spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Keep in mind, it's being reported today that Manning will need another surgery on his neck, and will be out "indefinitely". Certainly won't be starting the season, and I'd be very surprised if he's back by Week 3. That's a huge break for Pittsburgh if they get to go into Indy and only have to face Kerry Collins. I see 12-4 for Pittsburgh.

For the Ravens, I see 11-5. It's going to be a little rough early on, but they'll find their legs and make a late season surge for a wildcard spot.
    Do you see Pittsburgh sweeping the Ravens?
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Do you see Pittsburgh sweeping the Ravens?
    I believe Pittsburgh will win in Week 1. And it's certainly not going to be easy to go into Pittsburgh in primetime and get a win in Week 9.

I'd like to wait until I see what the teams look like at the quarter pole before predicting the Week 9 game...but if you held a gun to my head, I'd have to say that I'm leaning towards a sweep.

That's based entirely on the schedule. If the game in Baltimore was a couple weeks later instead of right out of the gate, or if they were playing in Pittsburgh first, then in Baltimore, I'd have completely different answers.

I believe Pittsburgh will win in Week 1. And it's certainly not going to be easy to go into Pittsburgh in primetime and get a win in Week 9.

I'd like to wait until I see what the teams look like at the quarter pole before predicting the Week 9 game...but if you held a gun to my head, I'd have to say that I'm leaning towards a sweep.

That's based entirely on the schedule. If the game in Baltimore was a couple weeks later instead of right out of the gate, or if they were playing in Pittsburgh first, then in Baltimore, I'd have completely different answers.
    Yeah I can see where you're coming from. Week 1 is gonna have such a huge impact even though it's just one game and early in the season. I think whoever wins week 1 is gonna win the 2nd game too. If the Ravens can just get that one win the Steelers with Ben at the helm that would be such a huge confidence boost. Us Ravens fans are uncertain as to what to expect, but so are the Steelers. It could go either way I guess. The Steelers look to be more in sync (offensively speaking) judging from the pre-season, but the fact that this game is in Baltimore will probably have some kind of effect in the outcome of the game.
    90% of the game is half mental

i agree completely. almost word for word what i said in another thread

11-5

Wildcard team

I think too many people are pessimistic about our chances against the Chargers, Colts, Jets, and Steelers and at the same time not accounting for the fact that we could very well lose a fluke game to Cleveland or Cincy.

I say 13-3.

I have held back a prediction but now with the cuts made and signings just about complete, here it goes.

12-4 but the worst part is still not being able to beat the Steelers.

Steelers - L (OL will not be ready)
    @ Titans - W
    @ Rams - L (We just don't play well on road in a dome)
    Jets - W
    Texans - W
    @ Jaguars - W
    Cardinals - W
    @ Steelers - L
    @ Seahawks - W
    Bengals - W
    49ers - W
    @ Browns - W
    Colts - W (With or without Manning)
    @ Chargers - L
    Browns - W
    @ Bengals - W

Re: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    There is really no way we should lose to Cleveland.

And I can't even fathom losing to the Titans.
    Cleveland lost 7 games last year by 7pts or less, and beat 2 playoff-bound teams by 13pts or more (NE & NO). The team is young, McCoy is in year 2 of Holmgren's West Coast system, and they have the perfect coach to get that team on track. The Browns are re-surging and will be a handful. Ravens are in danger of splitting with them, whether fans like it or not.

Another thing we fans hate to admit is that the Ravens LB corps isn't what it used to be. Ray-Ray has young LBs on the field with him that fail at gap security and fail at shedding blocks. Chris Johnson will probably have his revenge on this defense after they knocked him out of the playoff game in 2009. Three different RBs ran for over 100+yds on this D last year. The D-Line will be better, but I'm not sure by how much.

1 Sep 11 PIT @ BAL L
    2 Sep 18 BAL @ TEN L
    3 Sep 25 BAL @ STL L
    4 Oct 02 NYJ @ BAL W
    6 Oct 16 HOU @ BAL W
    7 Oct 24 BAL @ JAC W
    8 Oct 30 ARI @ BAL W
    9 Nov 06 BAL @ PIT W
    10 Nov 13 BAL @ SEA W
    11 Nov 20 CIN @ BAL W
    12 Nov 24 SF @ BAL W
    13 Dec 04 BAL @ CLE L
    14 Dec 11 IND @ BAL W
    15 Dec 18 BAL @ SD L
    16 Dec 24 CLE @ BAL W
    17 Jan 01 BAL @ CIN W

11-5 I think the Ravens beat Manning and his broke neck this year (that seems like the only way this team can beat him).
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.