;) (ed. note - thread title is for all you old farts!)

At the end of July, before the "pre-season" got into full gear, RavnMadMan and I started threads that were merged into a single one asking for predictions for the Ravens regular season record for 2011-2012. I ran these kind of threads on SunSpot to see how people's opinions sometimes were swayed by the latest personnel move du jour, or some player's injury, or the utter panic of not having the left tackle slot nailed down, or whatever.

What I found was that some folks were pretty level-headed in assessing our team's chances, and some were ready to end it all and jump out the first story window! In any event, I believe I posted the results of the "pre-training camp" guesses, and now that we've had a chance to see the 4 pre-seas. games, digest personnel moves, watch other teams in action, etc., it's time to see if euphoria has come to town, or doom and disaster awaits us.

This being the follow-on thread, the idea is to:
1) Post your prediction for the Ravens for 2011-2012 REGULAR season.

2) Please make a single prediction - it's difficult to summarize when I get "between 8 and 12 wins". Plus, that doesn't tell me much.

3) That being said, please feel free to add comments or extra conditions, post-season predictions, etc.

4) Do NOT "edit" your predictions. Some may actually think that you waffled on your initial guess and went back after the fact just to make your prediction look good. If you do want to change your guess, just make a second post with any update(s).

5) Get your predictions in before the start of the Ravens-Pitt game Sunday. Evaluating predictions made AFTER the first game is over doesn't add much! ;)

I'll summarize the results of this thread, and post them sometime after the Pitt game (got some travelling to do.)