Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Predict Ravens Record: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

;) (ed. note - thread title is for all you old farts!)

At the end of July, before the "pre-season" got into full gear, RavnMadMan and I started threads that were merged into a single one asking for predictions for the Ravens regular season record for 2011-2012. I ran these kind of threads on SunSpot to see how people's opinions sometimes were swayed by the latest personnel move du jour, or some player's injury, or the utter panic of not having the left tackle slot nailed down, or whatever.

What I found was that some folks were pretty level-headed in assessing our team's chances, and some were ready to end it all and jump out the first story window! In any event, I believe I posted the results of the "pre-training camp" guesses, and now that we've had a chance to see the 4 pre-seas. games, digest personnel moves, watch other teams in action, etc., it's time to see if euphoria has come to town, or doom and disaster awaits us.

This being the follow-on thread, the idea is to:
    1) Post your prediction for the Ravens for 2011-2012 REGULAR season.

2) Please make a single prediction - it's difficult to summarize when I get "between 8 and 12 wins". Plus, that doesn't tell me much.

3) That being said, please feel free to add comments or extra conditions, post-season predictions, etc.

4) Do NOT "edit" your predictions. Some may actually think that you waffled on your initial guess and went back after the fact just to make your prediction look good. If you do want to change your guess, just make a second post with any update(s).

5) Get your predictions in before the start of the Ravens-Pitt game Sunday. Evaluating predictions made AFTER the first game is over doesn't add much! ;)

I'll summarize the results of this thread, and post them sometime after the Pitt game (got some travelling to do.)

Re: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

The offensive line depth, and lack of a veteran backup QB worries me, but I see no reason to change my prediction. There are 7 or 8 gimme games, and a lot of others that are winnable.

12-4.

Re: Perception Experiment Thread --- or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the Ravens!

12-4 (split with Pittsburgh) wildcard spot

Beat Houston in the wildcard round, lose to NE in the divisional round.
    90% of the game is half mental

12-4; win AFC North; SB champs

19-0

Seriously though I can see 14-2, #1 seed and a championship. I really like the moves this offseason (even though they did not include Nnamdi).

Other than Nnamdi the main thing I wanted was to get Oher back to RT and to beef up the run game. I believe McKinney and Leach will do just that. The othr thing I wanted was a legit deep threat to keep the 8 man fronts away from Rice, then comes Evans.

On D I really blamed Mattison for most of the 4th Q comebacks with that 3 man rush prevent dfense garbage and off coverage all day long. I think the D will respond to a more aggressive approach and crank up the sacks and takeaways.

Actually I am sticking with 19-0. F it. Let me see someone beat this team when fully assembled before I give them a loss.

:T2:

Blog Entries

9-7 which is up a game since we did this last. The Evans trade was a must and Ozzie got him for pretty much nothing. I like the Ricky signing which helps keep the 2 headed running game that almost every team uses. The Ravens need to protect the passer better and rush the passer better. They accomplished neither. A lot of talent in the AFC is going to push the Ravens back for a year.

No change for me, though I do like the make up of the team a lot more than I did before the preseason started.

12-4 AFCN Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    9-7 which is up a game since we did this last. The Evans trade was a must and Ozzie got him for pretty much nothing. I like the Ricky signing which helps keep the 2 headed running game that almost every team uses. The Ravens need to protect the passer better and rush the passer better. They accomplished neither. A lot of talent in the AFC is going to push the Ravens back for a year.
    For real? Despite all the well documented issues last year they were a 12-4 team even with the AFC E and NFC S on the schedule. Come on man. Where are the 7 losses coming from exactly going down the schedule? Ohio?

:T2:

11-5, Wildcard.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

12-4
    or
    13-3 if we take one from the steelers

i don't think we have gotten any worse this offseason and we play a much easier schudule this year. our offense should be better and our defense should be more aggressive. losses to the steelers, colts, and chargers. i would be worried about the texans but we play them at home coming off the bye.

12-4, and unless we sweep the steelers that means wild card. I think we go all the way to the AFC championship. Against the steelers...

I originally posted that we would be 10 - 6, but I like some of the FA moves Ozzie has made, so I now see it as 11 - 5 and hopefully a wild card. I am mostly excited about next year because the FA moves ozzie made this year are all mulit year deals and the young guys will hopefully start showing some serious production.

** I will stick with my 11 - 5, but I think the Jets game could go either way, so a possible 12 - 4 if the line gels and can protect Flacco from Fatty McFatFat's constant blitzing.

Steelers - L
    @ Titans - W
    @ Rams - W
    Jets - L
    Texans - W
    @ Jaguars - W
    Cardinals - W
    @ Steelers - L
    @ Seahawks - W
    Bengals - W
    49ers - W
    @ Browns - W
    Colts - L
    @ Chargers - L
    Browns - W
    @ Bengals - W
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!