Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ain't the Kool-Aid Cold Today

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    A few years ago, you used to be able to have an opinion on this board. Now if you critize Ozzie or the team, you get blasted. Not by the moderators, but by the other posters.

Well, I came to say that I think Torrey Smith looks like a true bust. Yeah, I don't care that's it's only 4 games in. You can just tell. He's not an NFL player. I think Ozzie totally and completely blew this one.

I'm sure someone will think I'm a Stooler fan now or something like that becuase I don't blindly follow everything Ozzie does. Oh well - go ahead and flame me now.
    Okay, I won't blast you. You have the right to an opinion. But, for the sake of discussion:

You get to be GM, and you even get the benefit of seeing these guys throughout preseason. What would you have done instead with the 58th pick instead of selecting Torrey Smith? Keep in mind the Ravens' needs at the time.

You're on the clock - you have ten minutes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Okay, I won't blast you. You have the right to an opinion. But, for the sake of discussion:

You get to be GM, and you even get the benefit of seeing these guys throughout preseason. What would you have done instead with the 58th pick instead of selecting Torrey Smith? Keep in mind the Ravens' needs at the time.

"I would have traded Gaither for Miles Austin and a 3rd round pick from Dallas. Then I would have traded McGahee for the rest of the entire draft of the Denver Broncos and then I would have..."

Oh wait, this isn't fanasty football is it?:o
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I totally and completely respect your opinion and your right to hold such an opinion. You are not, and will never be, a stoolers fan. Good on ya!!!

(is that the kind of response you're craving????)

Blog Entries

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. It's just that sometimes their opinions are wrong, misguided, and fool of asshatery. :D
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

wow, that proved my point even faster than I thought.
    Try the scout message board or Baltimore sun board. Your I.Q. would fit better there. This board is too advanced and difficult for you. We drink Kool Aid that's flavored with intelligence.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Your still allowed to have an opinion, just don't expect everyone to agree with it. Now hopefully those who don't agree can have some intelligent discussions with you about it.

Personally I still think it's too early to tell, the guy needs a couple real games under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post

Actually, sadly - I did a backflip when we drafted Torry. I would have drated him too if I was Ozzie. In fact, I was on this very board that night in late April flaming Ozzie and saying he had no balls if he didn't take Torrey smith.

Maybe I'm just disapointed in him so far and took it out on others instead. I'm going to apologize, take my purple ball, and go home now.

Actually, sadly - I did a backflip when we drafted Torry. I would have drated him too if I was Ozzie. In fact, I was on this very board that night in late April flaming Ozzie and saying he had no balls if he didn't take Torrey smith.

Maybe I'm just disapointed in him so far and took it out on others instead. I'm going to apologize, take my purple ball, and go home now.
    It's cool if you expected him to be better than he has been and you are disappointed in that but don't crush the player or the team for having your own expectations foiled.

Blog Entries

Drew Brees was a 2nd rounder, and most people in SD thought he was a bust. And that was after 3 years of mediocre performances.

Let's give the kid one bad preseason and see what he can do in the regular season. Who knows, maybe he suddenly gets it after a week or two and starts pushing even Evans for the spot.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

A few years ago, you used to be able to have an opinion on this board. Now if you critize Ozzie or the team, you get blasted. Not by the moderators, but by the other posters.

Well, I came to say that I think Torrey Smith looks like a true bust. Yeah, I don't care that's it's only 4 games in. You can just tell. He's not an NFL player. I think Ozzie totally and completely blew this one.

I'm sure someone will think I'm a Stooler fan now or something like that becuase I don't blindly follow everything Ozzie does. Oh well - go ahead and flame me now.
    I am not going to blast you but I think this might be a bit premature. Now, I will say the post above does not provide me any insight.... So state your case: why do you think he is a bust, what qualities is he lacking, what evidence have you seen to support your opinion... Etc.

I would say the one thing I have seen from him that really concerns me is he catches every ball with his chest not his hands which is a huge red flag for a receiver to me.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

11. Re: Ain't the Kool-Aid Cold Today

I understand your concerns and I have my concerns about T. Smith and I'm not questioning your fandum or love for the Ravens...However, not having mini-camps or OTA's? Yeah, let's give up on every draft pick this year who hasn't gotten it. Get a grip, it's going to be alright;)

12. Re: Ain't the Kool-Aid Cold Today

Wow... if we were to go by this posters logic, we would pretty much have to cut 85% of our rookies.

I thought Torrey looked a little better last nite. He's a work in progress at skill postion that takes time to craft. Hoepfully we see him in there a bit this season and see what he's got.