Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ain't the Kool-Aid Cold Today

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Was your point of this thread to come up with something so stupid that poeple would say to ban you?

OR

That your point is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul
    Ha Ha - great Billy Madison quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    A few years ago, you used to be able to have an opinion on this board. Now if you critize Ozzie or the team, you get blasted. Not by the moderators, but by the other posters.
    You're free to have an opinion, but if you're going to put one out there for everyone to judge, don't cry when people actually do.

I have no problems with Oz taking Torrey Smith, because so many experts (and "experts") evaluated him as a 1st or 2nd round choice. Oz did not reach for T Smith. He made what appeared to be a very good choice, especially given the team's needs at that point. Way too soon to call T Smith a bust.

I am not willing to call Torrey Smith a bust yet, but I also thought that Kyle Boller would turn into a decent QB and Joe Flacco was not ready to QB an NFL team in his rookie year. I used to think that Ozzie was out of his skull couple of times over the past 15 years, only to find out that he knows a lot more than I do about evaluating talent. I am not giving him a free pass (Travis Taylor, Mark Clayton, etc), but he has done things right quite a few times (Ray Lewis, Ray Rice).

Basically like the other poster noted, Jerry Rice didn't start out lighting up the scoreboard, lets not put the cart before the horse. Give the kid a chance.

Blog Entries

wow, that proved my point even faster than I thought.
    Oh my God, you are such a little baby. *waaa waaa waaa* Before I make my point I'd like to preface it by saying if everyone thinks I'm an idiot, regardless of of the relative merits or idiocy of my comments, that it is obviously the board's fault. And if you do think my opinion is idiotic, I'll pretend that validates my conviction that the problem is the board and not my opinion. WA!
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

It's pretty interesting how all those Kruger jokes stopped after the first preseason game.

wow, that proved my point even faster than I thought.
    Dear forums poster Ravenfan_11,

I'm sorry you feel you get "blasted" for an opinion because people disagreed with you. It is COMPLETELY irrational for these harsh people to disagree with such a well thought out thread about a player who's had limited time in four preseason games. I mean, there's no way he recovers from this, right? Pretty much a death sentence at this point. A player who came out as a junior and has no concept of NFL offense at this point..man, there's just no way out. I am truly sorry for this obvious waste of a draft pick.

Best,

Sephy

This has become more about the troll than any particular issue.

Locked and trashed.