Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubble Players?

Bubble Players?

If this is already posted sorry I did not see it. Living here in Jersey I did not get to see the game, I've read what BR.com says but wanted to see what you guys saw out of some of the bubble players and rookies.

Did Jimmy play against White, if so how did he look?
    Did Mcphee play again and if so how did he look?
    How about Mcadoo?
    Who gets cut from the Rb's?
    How about LaQuan?
    Anybody else good or bad last night?

Thanks guys!!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Re: Bubble Players?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    How about Mcadoo?
    How about LaQuan?
    Roddy White didn't play, but Jimmy looked really good. One play he caused an INT by flipping the ball out of the receivers hands which Phillips caught for the INT.

Mcphee continues to look like an absolute beast.

Blog Entries

I am kind of dissapointed that Allen only got one carry and it looks like Parmalee got most of the work. Maybe they already made their decision but was hoping they would even it out a little. Can't tell much from the stats

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Parmale only got 2.1 yards per carry, against nobodies. Tough to guess why Allen only got one carry: either they're already leaning towards keeping him over Parmale, or they've already decided to dump him. We'll know soon enough.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    If this is already posted sorry I did not see it. Living here in Jersey I did not get to see the game, I've read what BR.com says but wanted to see what you guys saw out of some of the bubble players and rookies.

How about Mcadoo?
    How about LaQuan?

Thanks guys!!
    Here are my opinions/thoughts:

• Smith played very well. I am very pleased with his progress so far. To think he is going to get even better is awesome!
    • McPhee is the star of the preseason when you consider his draft position. Awesome motor and good push.
    • McAdoo played in the 4th quarter. He got a good hit on the 3rd string QB and forced a fumble. The other time I noticed him he was getting anywhere against their LT.
    • I think Allen solidified his position as the 3rd RB. He is bigger, stronger and "looks the part" more than Parmele. Parmele could be a decent backup with another team that doesn't have the depth the Ravens do. Berry look OK but he is going to lose the numbers game most likely. Would like to see him on the PS.
    • LaQuan had both bad and good moments. His first PR was very good, 33 yards. He failed to come up into traffic on one of the PRs. The ball should have been near the 25 or so but instead he let it go and it went out of bounds at the 12. He had a very good tackle in PR or KR (can't remember which) coverage. I think he makes the team.
    • Paul Kruger had a great night. He forced a fumble and think had a sack. Even if he didn't have a sack he had great pressure. They took him out in the 2nd I think.
    • Phillips was up and down. He had the INT and Fumble Recovery but took several bad angles to allow ATL some big plays including the long rushing TD. Have a feeling he will not make the team. He hasn't shown enough consistency in his time with the Ravens.
    • Josh Bynes played very well albeit against 3rd string. It is going to be very tough for him to make the team with the LB depth although I am not against him making it.
    • Where the hell was Gooden? I think he gets released which would make room for a guy like Bynes.
    • Gorrer had a decent night. would have been a very good night if he didn't drop a sure pick-6. But nonetheless he made a great break and read the QB.
    • Did anybody see Kindle?
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

You could look at the Anthony Allen thing 2 ways...Did he only get 1 carry because he's safe to make the roster and they gave Parmele the opportunity to play his way on....or are they trying to hide Allen and they plan to try to sneak him thru waivers? I think the first one is more likely.

Smith looked good again. I really think its gonna be him Williams and Carr week one.

I am starting to think we should elease Redding and have Jones and Mcphee as interchangeable starters week one. Both are much more explosive and can be used as rush nickel DT'S as well as traditional ends OR 3-4 ends. I would like others opinions on this.

I noticed Mcadoo on the last defensive series and was impressed with his agility. He is definetly rusty though. Appeared a bit stronger than I think alot of us thought he would for such a tall guy. He is PS all day and could be nice next year with some weight room work.

I honestly think they are gonna keep Allen and were giving Parmele the chance to show himself to other teams. I am nearly positive Berry gets cut and Allen will be our 3rd man. He has more upside and has flat out been better with the ball in his hands. One dropped pass over ther shoulder by a RB in a pre season game isnt gonna get you clipped.

It appears the FO has already decided to keep Williams over Smith. I doubt many will argue this after last night.

Two guys who I think you cant NOT notice is Bynes and Harewood. Both really made a case for themsleves last night and I think Bynes will be on the roster for sure. Cant teach playmaking. Harewood, if anyone watched him closely, he looked comfortable at left tackle and had really nice knee bend and size. I like him alot and have since I watched the little tape there was on him from college.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfaninhbg View Post
    I am starting to think we should elease Redding and have Jones and Mcphee as interchangeable starters week one. Both are much more explosive and can be used as rush nickel DT'S as well as traditional ends OR 3-4 ends. I would like others opinions on this.
    I don't agree. Redding brings a good veteran presence that is needed with the younger guys the Ravens have. He is also still productive. I think this is a moot point because I don't see the Ravens cutting him. I am 99% sure he will not be cut.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Smith looked good again. I really think its gonna be him Williams and Carr week one.

I noticed Mcadoo on the last defensive series and was impressed with his agility. He is definetly rusty though. Appeared a bit stronger than I think alot of us thought he would for such a tall guy. He is PS all day and could be nice next year with some weight room work.

I honestly think they are gonna keep Allen and were giving Parmele the chance to show himself to other teams. I am nearly positive Berry gets cut and Allen will be our 3rd man. He has more upside and has flat out been better with the ball in his hands. One dropped pass over ther shoulder by a RB in a pre season game isnt gonna get you clipped.

It appears the FO has already decided to keep Williams over Smith. I doubt many will argue this after last night.

Two guys who I think you cant NOT notice is Bynes and Harewood. Both really made a case for themsleves last night and I think Bynes will be on the roster for sure. Cant teach playmaking. Harewood, if anyone watched him closely, he looked comfortable at left tackle and had really nice knee bend and size. I like him alot and have since I watched the little tape there was on him from college.
    i might be wrong - but it looked to me like Harewood was beaten like a drum, especially on the 1st couple series? I did like what I saw out of Bynes though.

Agree with you on Redding, Kevin. I could possibly see him traded, but certainly not cut. Personally, I'd like to see him stick around as a proven commodity. He's played well for us.

But at the expense of much younger guys for a "veteran presence?" I dont love the idea of not having those two on the field for Reddings "veteran presence." What the hell does "veteran presence" even mean? Cuz Rays sure as hell hasnt rubbed off on the rest of the ILB/MLB crew and he is just slightly more noticeable than Redding.

Harewood made some guy named Kroy Biermann look like Reggie White...against the pass AND against the run. He was AWFUL when Biermann was in there. He barely got a hand on him in pass pro while Biermann ran around him and he couldn't even lean on him in the run game. Made me wish for Cousins. He was that bad.