Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Steelers at Ravens: Predict the score

Steelers win 21-10

I don't have faith that Cam will spread them out the way he should.

The Ravens will not come out with an air attack because the O-Line needs time to gel in pass protection. McKinnie can just fall forward on people and the Line likes to smack people in a rushing game. The young receivers will take time too. I think that Cameron will come out with a few big strikes to start to just see how it works, then shift to the run. It will be a typical slug-fest. He may hold the daring pass play for that one moment.

Looking at all of the games under Harbaugh/Cameron/Flacco, the score has always been tough. I do not think there has been any real domination, and it has always been decided on a turnover, a drop, a weird play or Ben pulling out a horseshoe. One thing turns the tables, and normally it is against the Ravens. Looking at the history between the teams, and thinking like a Vulcan, the Steelers win 20-17.

This year though is the time that it changes. I just feel that last year's last game will push this team to be on a mission. I see a tight game like last year's Jets' opener, and Ben pulls something else out this time. Ravens win, 16-13.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTime37 View Post
    Steelers win 21-10

I don't have faith that Cam will spread them out the way he should.
    you do realize that your first post on this forum is a prediction that the steelers are going to blow out the ravens, right? j/k...welcome aboard. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessStill8 View Post
    I initially predicted a Steelers loss when the schedule came out but LOVED what the Steelers did in the off-season and how they looked overall in the pre-season, even with depth stepping up and owning teams' starting units.
    what exactly did they do in the offseason, besides re-sign a few of their own?

With that said, I do believe the Ravens are a better team this year and will prove themselves as such, just not week one. The steelers are basically carrying over the same team as last year and that continuity has shown in the preseason and will continue into the early part of the season, giving them a real leg up on some of the competition. The Ravens with so many new pieces (an o-line that hasnt even been seen yet in particular) will make this a very hard game to win. Im not saying it isnt possible and obviously really hope they do, but my realist mindset says Steelers win 23-17. Hope our boys prove me a pessimist instead of a realist.

I am thinking with my head over my heart,

Pittsburgh 24
    Ravens 10

I hope Joe doesn't get sacked 5 times!!!

Ravens 24 Steelers 20

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Haven't you had enough already though? Where is the harm in optimism?

I am taking the 2006type outlook 31-7 Ravens. Suggs finishes what he started in the playoffs and gets 3 sacks and Nagta chips in with a painful pair.

The Ravens are ready for some payback, and I truly believe they will get it this time, go up 21-7 again but finish them off instead of fumbling, bumbling and choking away another golden opportunity.
    Jeremiah W,

I am surprised that no one took the time to congratulate you on a virtually 'dead-on' prediction for Week 1. You articulated what I was contemplating the night before the game - a 'bust out' win against the Steelers (finishing what they started in the January 2011 playoffs). Looking back on the eve of the AFC championship game at New England, that first game is still the most important game of the entire season (it set the tone).

Blog Entries

lmao just had a read of loads of these negative comments, man how things swing in the opposite direction.