Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Steelers at Ravens: Predict the score

Oh my God. Some of you just need to jump off the bridge now and get if over with.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Oh my God. Some of you just need to jump off the bridge now and get if over with.
    Please point out where someone has been unreasonable with their prediction thus far.

Blog Entries
    13-3 ravens! Ed Dickson & Billy Cundiff

Blog Entries

16-13 ravens

Im predicting another pitt-bmore grudgematch. Both teams will struggle to score early. Lots of hard hitting. Over 8 combined sacks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    To hell with the close scoring game I say we blow them muthaf*%kas out the water this game we make up for every game we have ever lost to them 42-6 Ravens all the way slick!
    :word
    I mean seriously..!!! Nobody seems to consider that the ravens may possibly not have forgotten that last game they played in january. Not to mention the fact that they have had to listen to loudmouth players, clueless media, hell their own fans talking all that shit all offseason. Talkin joe cant do this, joe cant do that, always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Oh...they are ready for the steelers..!! Its all they have been thinking about. Does anybody really think the steelers are going to come into bmore and impose their will? Ain't gonna happen.

Blog Entries

I just think it's nuts to predict a score difference of +10 in EITHER direction. Last time a regular season game was decided by more than 10 points was when Harbaugh was not the HC. In fact, 5 of the 6 regular season games under Harbaugh have been decided by a FG.

Both teams have had good offseasons. Ravens might have some shaky spots, but folks, the Steelers aren't perfection either. And maybe McKinnie and Gurode will be question marks, but they are both definitive upgrades at their positions, so the net result in Week 1 SHOULD be positive.

I'm not saying you have to pick the Ravens. I just think picking the Steelers to win by more than 2 TDs is being Chicken Little to the Ravens.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Flacco's ready.. just wait.

It won't be perfect, but it will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Please point out where someone has been unreasonable with their prediction thus far.
    Picking against the Ravens despite the reality of the situation being as obvious as the moon being out at night apparently means you aren't you know.............here it comes..........a..........TRUE FAN!!!

Anyway, that reality is staring me in the face right now too. We're MAYBE going to see our starting offensive line for the first time together in this game. We have no idea how healthy Birk or Yanda will be, how in shape and well McKinnie actually is, if Lee Evans will be ready despite still being in a boot, and who will be our third WR with Reed suspended and Smith not being as advertised during camp.

Season over? Of course not. But this game will be a hard one to win, and I just don't see it right now.

Steelers 21
    Ravens 13

I think it's overly optimistic say we definitely will win this game, but by the same token I think it's a bit too doom and gloomy to predict a blowout by Pitt. (And in this rivalry, winning by 11 points or more is a blowout.)

I already predicted slim win by the Ravens and I'm sticking to it. But I will admit that I think it's more likely that we stomp them than they stomp us. On paper we are a better team than last years on offense and defense, if that paper tiger has any teeth whatsoever then we could be looking at a 2006 caliber team. Maybe better.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Thumbs up Re: Steelers at Ravens: Predict the score

Ravens 27
    Steelers 24

Joe get to play with his new weapons of Evans, Pitta, and a couple youngsters at WR, and Vonta Leach opens some big holes for Ray Rice.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

That's the spirit T! Nice to see some optimism from our resident cloud yeller!
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I don't care that their offense has looked more in sync in the preseason. I'm tired of losing to these pricks. Just find a damn way to beat them.
    90% of the game is half mental