Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

I see that EA Sports has not changed.

Shame on Sony for helping them at that. Out of the kindness of my heart, I decided to lift my household ban on Electronic Arts game purchases, after five years. I reserve my copy of Madden 2012 for the PS2, since I do not have a PS3. Now, I find out that there will be no online for the PS2 version, which means no roster updates. I couldn't even get the roster updates from the PS3 and download them to my PS2 memory card. I am stuck with whatever rosters they give me and will have to manually update them, while still paying $40 for the game. Well, since I am finalizing my purchase of the game tomorrow, as of 08/31/2011, the ban on EA game purchases in the house of a ring of eternal power shall be imposed once more.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Shame on Sony for helping them at that. Out of the kindness of my heart, I decided to lift my household ban on Electronic Arts game purchases, after five years. I reserve my copy of Madden 2012 for the PS2, since I do not have a PS3. Now, I find out that there will be no online for the PS2 version, which means no roster updates. I couldn't even get the roster updates from the PS3 and download them to my PS2 memory card. I am stuck with whatever rosters they give me and will have to manually update them, while still paying $40 for the game. Well, since I am finalizing my purchase of the game tomorrow, as of 08/31/2011, the ban on EA game purchases in the house of a ring of eternal power shall be imposed once more.
    Dude you need to update your console real bad.

Re: I see that EA Sports has not changed.

I don't remember the PS2 ever having online updates but it's been a long time since I've had one.

The reason EA doesn't offer full support for the PS2 is because it is a last gen console. They're not going to make nearly as much money off of those games as they are for the PS3 and XBox 360. You have to remember that the PS3 has been out for nearly 5 years already. EA can't waste time with hardware that not as many people use.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Sorry bud.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but you should take your PS2 into a gamestop and trade it in for a new 360 or PS3.

I'm honestly surprised that there is still a market at all for PS2 games.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Madden is the only franchise I know of that still makes PS2 versions every year. Which was really nice early in the PS3 life-cycle, as I'm not an early adopter by any means, and was able to keep playing on my last gen console.

I actually just got my PS3 two weeks ago. Now that they've dropped it down to $250, there's really no reason not to upgrade. You obviously get the latest in gaming, as well as netflix, sunday ticket, streaming music/photos/videos from your PC (great for pirated movies or TV shows), and a blu-ray player.

Until Madden gets rid of some of the bugs, the franchise is unplayable IMO. Imported draft classes dont work. Teams releasing 1st round picks during preseason (Wilkerson/Jets), 1st string receivers as gunners during preseason. The trade logic is terrible. I picked up Shaun O'Hara off the FA wire and traded him straight up for Ndamkung Suh. I was also offered AJ Green and a 2nd for him. If they don't fix this soon, this may be the last Madden for me for a while.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Until Madden gets rid of some of the bugs, the franchise is unplayable IMO. Imported draft classes dont work. Teams releasing 1st round picks during preseason (Wilkerson/Jets), 1st string receivers as gunners during preseason. The trade logic is terrible. I picked up Shaun O'Hara off the FA wire and traded him straight up for Ndamkung Suh. I was also offered AJ Green and a 2nd for him. If they don't fix this soon, this may be the last Madden for me for a while.
    It's the first year with such an integrative franchise process. There has been a massive backlash on EA's facebook page regarding this stuff.

I've no doubt that they'll be sending out patches shortly once they fix all the bugs. You'd think that since they pushed the release date back by almost a month they would have fixed it all.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I got my draft classes to work by some miracle, so now at least my franchise is playable. Their are lots of bugs in the game still, but surprisingly none of them are in the gameplay. I'm really enjoying the games.

I got my draft classes to work by some miracle, so now at least my franchise is playable. Their are lots of bugs in the game still, but surprisingly none of them are in the gameplay. I'm really enjoying the games.
    Are you using the imports from ncaa 12?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Are you using the imports from ncaa 12?

yeah. I have two saved draft classes, one from each franchise I am doing. Neither of them worked Tuesday after multiple tries. I got home from class yesterday and tried it again, and it worked.

yeah. I have two saved draft classes, one from each franchise I am doing. Neither of them worked Tuesday after multiple tries. I got home from class yesterday and tried it again, and it worked.
    From what I read you have to wait to import it after you convince the players leaving in NCAA not to leave. Well save it that.

My only problem is every home game with the Ravens in franchise its raining. You have same thing?

Blog Entries

Neither the PS3 or the 360 have the RPGs to win me over.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore