Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Start 'Em or Sit 'em?

I'm in the couple of series camp for the line. I think it will be important for them to get some game action to see what's working and what's not working. They are all playing in their natural positions which should smooth the transition but I can't imagine going in against Pitt and not have any live action time together.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I think they should play a half together or more. If somebody gets injured are you worse off than having them go out with little time together against the Steelers?

I would play them a lot together to get them as much in sync as possible.

Blog Entries

I'd say 2-3 series then pull them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    They've gotta get a series or two, but for the most part most of them don't need it. Grubbs and Birk have played together for a while. I have no fears about the interior line if Birk and Yanda are healthy.

Give them a little time together. But we don't want what happened to Pouncey happening to one of our guys.
    This! I think McKinney should probably play a few series, maybe up to 1 Q. Birk probably won't play, so it'll be Mattison, maybe Murphy or Barnes after 1Q or 2. Get Yanda and Grubbs out early to give LeVoir and Boren extra reps. Oher should play about as long as McKinnie, but I don't see the transition back to right side being problematic.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I'd let them play at least a quarter. Just to iron out some of those early communication problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    McKinnie and Birk should be comfortable with each other...
    True, though they don't play right next to each other so I don't know whether that has a lot of value. Probably helps from an understanding of signal calls, though.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Here's another perspective...

How long Is Joe going to play? I bet thet keep the starting OL in long as Flacco is in the game. As I seen to recall, Joe is a notoriously slow starter, needing more reps to get in sync than the usual QB needs. So far this pre-season, he hasn't exactly inspired a lot of confidence that he is ready to go.

I dsay Joe plays about a half, give or take, and the OL does also. Then bring on the reserves!

Go Ravens

Play some of the starters for one or two at the most series. We don't need anyone rolling an ankle on a meaningless game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think they should play a half together or more. If somebody gets injured are you worse off than having them go out with little time together against the Steelers?

I would play them a lot together to get them as much in sync as possible.
    I agree with Mr C. Windbag. They need some work together. I'd leave McKinney in as long as he lasts to help him get in shape. Would be more careful with Birk. IMHO, the O line is the key to this season's success or failure.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

If there are any injury issues they should sit that particular player, but the more we can get the group that is going to hit the field against the Steelers on 9/11 to play together, the better.