Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: OT: coastal ravens fans

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    First time that I can recall a mandatory evacuation in OC. We have had voluntary evacs but never mandatory.
    Hey hawk, we had the Jeep packed up last night and were heading down for Jeep week this morning until we heard the mandatory evacuation. Even have a summer house about 15 minutes from Rehobeth. We decided to wait until Monday when its supposed to be sunny.
    Fingers are crossed, and prayers with anyone that stays downthere.
    Judging by the forecast, Irene is going to do some serious damage.
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

I live in IN, but have been watching the weather channel lots the past few days. I have never been through a hurricane and never want to, but I hope all of you in Irene's path stay safe and get through it unharmed.

Blog Entries

Everyone okay so far?

LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!!! What the hell is the weather man doing in the middle of the ocean? I know everyone wants a dramatic effect but this guy takes the cake. Kinda reminds me of the Buffalo Wild Wings commercials. I think in the next scene he needs to sit on the roof with the blown shingles.

LINK
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!!! What the hell is the weather man doing in the middle of the ocean? I know everyone wants a dramatic effect but this guy takes the cake. Kinda reminds me of the Buffalo Wild Wings commercials. I think in the next scene he needs to sit on the roof with the blown shingles.
    I like the sheer hypocrisy of their reporting. "This is a very dangerous storm, everybody should get out of its way. Now, let's go live to Mike Seidal standing in the ocean."

It's either very dangerous, or its not. And I know people are stupid and will not be cautious and get themselves killed, but this kind of reporting only encourages more of that behavior. IMO.

Blog Entries

Its starting to kick into gear down here. Winds are picking up. We still have power. Keeping fingers crossed.

To paraphrase David Feherty, we're waiting for the nostril of the storm. Like the eye, only hairier..

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries

They're saying 12 midnight to 12 noon for here in CT. Power company already sent their automated message saying we should expect to be out of power for a week. We already had a 4 day outage earlier this year so it wouldn't shock me.

Here on the Eastern shore. Wind is just starting to pick up a little now. A few gusts and mild rain. Power still on at this point. We usually lose power with just mild winds and rain. I fear this could make it be out for a while.

Blog Entries

And there goes the power...DAMMIT.....!!!!!! LOL. :(

Doesn't look/sound very powerful, just lots of rain/water.

Looks like the Outer Banks got off all but scott free. It went right over that. Don't know what Hatteras looks like though.

Blog Entries

All over but the shouting now down here. Long storm, but not all that powerful, unless you got the direct hit. We were on the west side of it, which is usually the side you want; lost two wooden gates off the privacy fence and a few shingles; power was only out about 5-6 hours; internet was out for about 18. I really think they're overhyping this one. Like any storm, if it hits at high tide and you live 15 feet above sea level or less, you've got a good shot at surge/overwash danger; but it ain't gonna blow anybody's house down.