Thread: The Ravens Way.

The Ravens Way.

One of the most important parts of the Ravens championship formula seems all but forgotten in public and mb discussion. It also could not be implemented, imposed, tested or observed in the preseason. I only hope that the coaching staff understands the power they possess.

The key? Fatigue. The 2000 Ravens team started slowly on defense and offsense but by the 4th quarter, the big bodies, relentless platooning and pounding running game took a huge toll on the opponent. Jamal started to gain yards in bunches. The defense started getting sacks and interceptions and was constantly in the backfield.

IMHO, this same formula could lead to Ravens blowouts this year. Imagine the weapons we have on offense against a team that has to put 8 in the box to keep from getting gouged?!

Comments?
    Back for the Veteran Minimum!

Re: The Ravens Way.

I do not like any comparison to the 2000 season. There will likely never be another one of those seasons. Our LB's are sketchy, our DB's are sketchy, Safetys outside of #20 are sketchy, Our DE's outside of Suggs are Sketchy. New D Coord. Could be a great year, could be a bad year, could be an average year. Way too many ?'s at this moment
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Re: The Ravens Way.

Bruise isn't comparing the talent but the strategy.

We have an insane amount of depth all over the field.
    QB- Flacco and Taylor.
    RB- Rice, Williams and probably Allen. All three can run well plus Williams and Allen are bigger RBs
    FB- LEACH!!!!
    WR- Simply the deepest group of receivers the Ravens have ever had.
    TE- Okay, we have some.
    OL- With Levour and McKinney signing, a position of weakness became one of strength. We have depth and talent along the offensive line.

DL- Holy cow this may be the deepest spot on the team. We can rotate the big boys and keep them fresh.
    OLB- Kruger finally doesn't seem to suck. Kindle is coming back better than we hoped. Still have Johnson and Suggs. Good depth to swap in and out.
    ILB- Ray Lewis and some other guys who aren't Ray Lewis.
    CB- We have five starting caliber CBs on this team. Foxworth is our worst CB? Guess what; I am okay with that depth.
    S- Reed, Zibby, Knoc(not tryint to spell it) and Pollard. That's good depth at safety too.

We have depth that we can rotate in and out of the game and keep our players fresh. Jarret Johnson said earlier in the preseason that one of the things he was most excited about was having the back-ups to give the starters some rest. He said that by the fourth quarter they were exhausted last year.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock