Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

I pray for his wife and children.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I am not going to go off on this too much but.... Mental health evaluations should be a part of every annual physical. Many people of stressors that are effecting their lives and feel like they are trapped (women leaving them, money, losing jobs, etc..). Good people are losing their lives and/ or cutting their lives short due to stress related illnesses and it does not have to happen. This is sad. All of the people in this mans life, all of the fans, family, teammates, broadcasters could not have helped him? Mental health evaluations can help. God Bless Fanny, he touched many lives and put smiles on a lot of peoples faces.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    I pray for his wife and children.
    I agree, my heart goes out to his wife and daughters. I remember going to the games at Memorial Stadium and sitting on those hardwood bleachers watching him pitch.

RIP Mike. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    I am not going to go off on this too much but.... Mental health evaluations should be a part of every annual physical. Many people of stressors that are effecting their lives and feel like they are trapped (women leaving them, money, losing jobs, etc..). Good people are losing their lives and/ or cutting their lives short due to stress related illnesses and it does not have to happen. This is sad. All of the people in this mans life, all of the fans, family, teammates, broadcasters could not have helped him? Mental health evaluations can help. God Bless Fanny, he touched many lives and put smiles on a lot of peoples faces.
    Well said..
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Saw on twitter, Ravens will hold a moment for Flanagan during the game tonight. Steve Bisciotti, you are a classy classy man.

“When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Saw on twitter, Ravens will hold a moment for Flanagan during the game tonight. Steve Bisciotti, you are a classy classy man.

Wow, simple jestures like this by the Ravens orginization, make me even more proud to be a Ravens fan! Thank You Mr. Bisciotti! Baltimore has lost one of our own, and this means alot to us!

I wouldn't have expected anything less. Big Steve is a class guy!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

I am not an Orioles fan, but appreciate what Flanagan did in his career/life. You might say I held my own personal moment-of-silence for the loss of this lefty. The fact that Bisciotti is holding an "official" m-o-s tonight shows respect and an admirable appreciation for Mike. I'm glad that our Ravens owner is a class act... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Not here to defend Angelos, but it appears Mike had bigger issues, as much as people want to vilify the owner over this, it can't be allowed.
    Yes it can.

Did Mike have other monkeys on his back? Without a doubt. But it is reasonable and apparent to connect those dots and identify *one* factor as the state of the team coupled with Mike's own involvement with it. Casting his ugly shadow over that factor is Peter Angelos.

Anybody who says that's the whole story is a fool. But it's part of the story.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I would actually have been surprised AND disappointed had SB Not done this. Afterall, the Orioles/Ravens fanbase is ONE family, is it not?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I would actually have been surprised AND disappointed had SB Not done this. Afterall, the Orioles/Ravens fanbase is ONE family, is it not?!
    I agree!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Did Mike have other monkeys on his back? Without a doubt. But it is reasonable and apparent to connect those dots and identify *one* factor as the state of the team coupled with Mike's own involvement with it. Casting his ugly shadow over that factor is Peter Angelos.

Anybody who says that's the whole story is a fool. But it's part of the story.
    When people close to him say it was a factor, I have to believe it.

As for other monkeys, the Sun is reporting that personal financial issues were a factor.