Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Saw on twitter, Ravens will hold a moment for Flanagan during the game tonight. Steve Bisciotti, you are a classy classy man.

very classy move by bisciotti.

for some reason, it reminded me of when angelos forbid his employees to wear purple during the ravens' super bowl run. mf'er!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Thing about flanny, just like brooks, cal, palmer, dempsey, etc, is that he stayed in the community and we all got to know him from the years he spent in the broadcast booth. I used to love listening to him call games. To think that he killed himself because of a misguided perception that this community hated him and carried him to blame. My dear lord! It hurts bad.
    When I found out the reason for his suicide that made it worse, it's unreal and heartbreaking. I always admired Mike's passion for the Orioles and the game of baseball in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    very classy move by bisciotti.

for some reason, it reminded me of when angelos forbid his employees to wear purple during the ravens' super bowl run. mf'er!
    My respect for Steve Bisciotti continues to grow, far as the lawyer who is perpertrating a real baseball owner, I'm going to keep my feelings about him to myself for now.

Classy move by Steve

My suggestion to all is to take the time to tell the people you love how much they mean to you....thats the most fitting tribute to Mike I can think of.

Then enjoy the game
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Saw on twitter, Ravens will hold a moment for Flanagan during the game tonight. Steve Bisciotti, you are a classy classy man.

This is why I love Steve Bisciotti. A very classy man. A classy organization.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    My respect for Steve Bisciotti continues to grow, far as the lawyer who is perpertrating a real baseball owner, I'm going to keep my feelings about him to myself for now.
    You don't have to say it, we all share the same feelings. ;)

Blog Entries

Interesting tidbit on flanny: he played college basketball alongside Dr. J.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Yes it can.

Did Mike have other monkeys on his back? Without a doubt. But it is reasonable and apparent to connect those dots and identify *one* factor as the state of the team coupled with Mike's own involvement with it. Casting his ugly shadow over that factor is Peter Angelos.

Anybody who says that's the whole story is a fool. But it's part of the story.
    We agree to disagree. I think it inappropriate to debate it

Blog Entries

I was never a fan of the Flanagan-Beattie GM situation...but to say he deserved blame for the way the club turned out? no way!

There's only one man I'd blame for the way this club turned out. His name starts with an A and rhymes with "Jellose"

I'm hoping that report is untrue. Would kill me to think he ended it all over some silly notion that Baltimore forgot all his past glory over a few years of trying to guide the Titanic post-iceburg.
    Yea, Angelos is the Irsay of baseball wrecking a storied franchise but it's
    worse. At least Irsay was an out of towner. It really hurts when a local wrecks
    it. We were all so excited when he bought the O's

The only thing he hasn't done is move the team like Irsay.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensHJCA View Post
    I appreciate the thoughtful comments on this thread about Flanny. The Sun's chat board has completely disinegrated into nonsense with one poster pulling out critical comments made about Flanagan and blaming them for his death. Unbelievable. I am done with the Sun's forums for good.
    My thoughts exactly. I almost didn't want to comment on it, in fear of taking away from the mourning of losing Mr. Flanagan. I'm completely done there!

Even though i never met the man it feels like i lost a family member yesterday. :(

That's all i'm going to say to avoid going off on a tangent.

RIP Mr. Flanagan