Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

damn, they are saying it is most likely a suicide. so sad. he had family.

2. Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

Dempsey seems very shaken

What a sad night for Oriole fans who grew up on The Oriole Way. He was one of the greats of our team. I'm shocked. :(

Dempsey is crying too.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    the cause but I'll wait.
    Oh, that is so sad. What a sad day.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Dempsey and Palmer alluded to cause, saying that Mike had a side which he never really let anyone else in on. Dempsey said something that he knew a little about it, but didn't want to comment on it right now.

It's not really confirmed, but I would think Flanagan would've said something by now if it wasn't true. A LOT of media sources would have egg on their face for running with the story, especially since the MASN broadcast has basically just become a rolling tribute to Flanagan and tributes.

Buck was even close to tears. Flanagan was someone who was VERY close to most people on the club or involved with it, from his time as a player, as a coach, as a GM, and as a reporter. Just about everyone on MASN is struggling to get through.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'm hearing that he was despondent over fan and colleague perception over his role in the downfall of the team. Unbelievable. If anything, he was glue that held the whole thing together.

A great Oriole. Always was, always will be.

Wonder what Angelos is thinking.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

WBAL quoted sources close to the situation that he killed himself because he was upset that the community that he loved hated him and blamed him for the orioles woes when he was gm. That is so fucking sad. This is a very sad day for baltimore sports and community.

Blog Entries

I was never a fan of the Flanagan-Beattie GM situation...but to say he deserved blame for the way the club turned out? no way!

There's only one man I'd blame for the way this club turned out. His name starts with an A and rhymes with "Jellose"

I'm hoping that report is untrue. Would kill me to think he ended it all over some silly notion that Baltimore forgot all his past glory over a few years of trying to guide the Titanic post-iceburg.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

10. Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I'm hearing that he was despondent over fan and colleague perception over his role in the downfall of the team. Unbelievable. If anything, he was glue that held the whole thing together.

A great Oriole. Always was, always will be.

Wonder what Angelos is thinking.
    That would make me feel terrible, and a lot of other people feel terrible. Calling him Failed-Again and what not.

You think that when you ruthlessly criticize these people they are thick skinned, or don't pay any attention to it. You don't believe for a moment that the harsh things you say could have that kind of an impact.

The Orioles are such a model of incompetence that you don't really consider the human beings that are involved when just trashing everyone involved with that team day after day becomes the only way to vent frustration. I pray to God that Flanagan didn't consider himself so much of a professional failure at his post pitching career that it contributed to him taking his own life.

Blog Entries

Pitched 18 years with the O's, went to 2 WS' s and won 1, cy young winner. I hope it isn't true too scally. Unbelievable.

Blog Entries

And how ironic is it that tonight, the night his body was discovered, was the first O's series win since JUNE?! Not to mention, the winning pitcher, Jeremy Guthrie, wears his #46 and was one of the guys Flanagan brought into the club as GM.

If anything has been learned in the past few seasons under McPhail, GM seems to have little impact on how the team is doing, since bringing in a new guy produced about the same results.