Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 92
  1. Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away



    I used to blast him for enabling Angelos. Ugh.

    Angelos is the gift that keeps on giving.




  2. #38

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    That would make me feel terrible, and a lot of other people feel terrible. Calling him Failed-Again and what not.

    You think that when you ruthlessly criticize these people they are thick skinned, or don't pay any attention to it. You don't believe for a moment that the harsh things you say could have that kind of an impact.

    The Orioles are such a model of incompetence that you don't really consider the human beings that are involved when just trashing everyone involved with that team day after day becomes the only way to vent frustration. I pray to God that Flanagan didn't consider himself so much of a professional failure at his post pitching career that it contributed to him taking his own life.
    Those people don't know anything about Flanagan and what he gave to this team, this community. Like every other GM since Angelos ran Pat Gillick out of town (yes, I know he left but GM's don't just quit teams) has failed because Peter Angelos is a parriah.

    Mike Flanagan deserved better, and he damn sure didn't deserve this.




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    That was my childhood. Flanny/mcgregor/bodicker/martinez. Good times up at memorial stadium. Im feeling this on a personal level.




  4. #40

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Those people don't know anything about Flanagan and what he gave to this team, this community. Like every other GM since Angelos ran Pat Gillick out of town (yes, I know he left but GM's don't just quit teams) has failed because Peter Angelos is a parriah.

    Mike Flanagan deserved better, and he damn sure didn't deserve this.
    It's just sad because Flanny tried his best, and for whatever reason he was just viewed as another incompetent who didn't know what he was doing. Another guy hired to build Angelos a team on the cheap with no resources who didn't really care. Well, it looks like he cared. It looks like he cared a lot.




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    I have an autographed picture of him when he played in 1982. I'm devastated. R.I.P. Prayers to his wife and three children.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  6. #42

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    MLB Network was just talking about it now too, and Billy Ripken was one of the three hosts of the show that was on. They replayed Jim Palmer's comments and I couldn't hold it in myself.

    Then they read Peter Angelos's statement, and I thought something I probably shouldn't have. Let's just say I had no empathy for him.




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Well, it looks like he cared. It looks like he cared a lot.
    This is the darkest day in O's franchise history.




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    This is the darkest day in O's franchise history.
    Baltimore sports history, even....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  9. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Baltimore sports history, even....
    Absolutely.




  10. #46

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    Jesus, this is awful awful awful




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall, MD
    Posts
    15,792

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    My column: Remembering Flanny
    Follow me on Twitter @ russellstreport




  12. #48

    Re: OT: Mike Flanagan Passes Away

    Very sad Day... I would not be surprised if Guthrie changed his number to honor Flanny




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland