Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Planned trip to Baltimore

Hi guys,

I'm new here but I'm thinking of a trip out to Baltimore to see the Ravens playas it's something I've wanted to do for a while now but funds have never really allowed. I'm aiming for the Bengals and 49ers Thanksgiving game as back to back games should give me good bang for my buck! Would also give me an opportunity to do touristy things in Washington for a few days inbetween!

As I have never even been to the States before I was wondering if I could ask some advice of people who have made similar trips before if I may?

The first question is about tickets: Everywhere I've looked (ie through official sources like the Ravens website and NFL.com, all ticket availability seems to be via exchanges. Is this the norm, and if so, are there any ways to pick tickets up for collection? Or would I need to request the tickets are sent to the hotel for when I arrive?

This brings me conveniently to my second question: Accomodation. I've travelled a fair bit and have no qualms with staying in hostels, so I was wondering if there were any places to stay anyone would reccommend? I am fully expecting hostels to be fully booked up when the Ravens are at home but it's worth a shot. If not any cheap hotels in the downtown area worth checking out?

Appreciate any help anyone can offer.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Ravenblue; 08-24-2011 at 05:20 PM.