Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Sign McKinnie

2 years, $7.5 million with a $1 million bonus. WOW! He better be in freaking shape.

2. Re: Ravens Sign McKinnie

At that weight all he should have to do is PUSH and fall forward on the D-line and let Ray run over him.

I would guess Harewood is headed to IR and Cousins is gone. Levoir will be the backup at G/T. If you really want a bold solution for the early weeks of the season, Yanda moves to Center with Levoir or Cousins at RG.

For those concerned about durability or attitude, he has started all but 4 games in the last 8 seasons. He's a significantly better pass blocker than run blocker and has been penalized 10 times in the last 3 seasons (as compared to Oher's 13 last season).

He was the 7th overall pick in the 1st round in 2002.
    Last edited by Filmstudy; 08-23-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    2 years, $7.5 million with a $1 million bonus. WOW! He better be in freaking shape.
    For that kind of money it sounds like they want him to start at LT.

5. Re: Ravens Sign McKinnie

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Interesting.

This doesn't look like a guy they got on the cheap. That isn't a great deal of money, but it's pretty nice for a bad attitude guy who just got kicked off his team.

I sure hope the Ravens don't end up looking like the Bengals in this.

with McKinney at LT our o-line just became very very very solid

I'd imagine that deal is HEAVILY backloaded with a large roster bonus at some point next year.

This is likely in reality a 1 year deal.

Blog Entries

It's a "win now" move- I like it and if it blows up on us, I'm not going to go back in hindsight and criticize it.

Just hope he passes the physical.

9. Re: Ravens Sign McKinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I would guess Harewood is headed to IR and Cousins is gone. Levoir will be the backup at G/T. If you really want a bold solution for the early weeks of the season, Yanda moves to Center with Levoir or Cousins.

For those concerned about durability or attitude, he has started all but 4 games in the last 8 seasons. He's a significantly better pass blocker than run blocker and has been penalized 10 times in the last 3 seasons (as compared to Oher's 13 last season).

He was the 7th overall pick in the 1st round in 2002.
    10 penalties in three years? Wow, that is fantastic. With Oher they don't need another drive killer on the line. He gets enough penalties for everyone.

I didn't really know to much about him but i read he only let up 6 sacks last year. Oher let up 30 something in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Interesting.

This doesn't look like a guy they got on the cheap. That isn't a great deal of money, but it's pretty nice for a bad attitude guy who just got kicked off his team.

I sure hope the Ravens don't end up looking like the Bengals in this.

Hey the Patriots traded for Ocho Cinco and Albert Haynesworth, good teams take chances sometimes. The Bengals have Mike Brown as their owner (the Peter Angelos of the NFL, vice versa) and they have a bad foundation overall. The Ravens aren't perfect but they have a very good foundation from top to bottom.

Sidenote: Regarding our bet, if I win on top of me choosing your sig I want you to be the most positive person on this board for the entire season LOL.

Apparently Ravens are listing him at 345, which is under his playing weight last year actually.

Whatever, sounds good to me!