Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT: please post all earthquake jokes here

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    In fact, I suspect that not one single commenter or other moderator agreed with your decision.
    Wrong.

FB, you have an opinion, which is fine. However, T was making a judgment call based on experience knowing what sets people off. Serious discussions can tend to set people off when someone jokes about it. This isn't a new concept.

The question is whether or not joking in the serious discussion thread would have resulted in such a reaction. It frankly doesn't matter which one of the two of you are correct in this matter. The bottom line is, someone could have taken offense to it, and if someone did, then it blows up into a fight. T proactively took a step to ensure that didn't happen.

Your opinion is it wouldn't have been an issue. His is that it would have been. Both opinions are fine. However, you're out of line stating that your opinion is evidence for him overreaching in his role as mod.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

That was McKinnie landing at BWI to sign his contract.

Actually, it was controlling and freakish, and an example of poor moderation. You choked the thread to death and sucked the life out of it. I support calling things the way people see them, but as a moderator you are supposed to have a steadier hand, exercise discretion and not just slice apart and eviscerate anything that may seem distasteful to your exceptionally minority view. I doubt anymore than 5% of any sample would agree with you that the two should have been separated. In fact, I suspect that not one single commenter or other moderator agreed with your decision. That's why I'm calling this one as I see it: you wildly overreached in your role as moderator on this subject.
    Boy, you're lucky it was Mista T. I would have moved the thread right after it started. I know, it was an event we don't normally see. But this is still a sports forum and site, and it didn't belong in the main forum.

To be PERFECTLY honest, it would be nice if the forum members here would initiate these types of threads in their proper place. I don't think that's too much to ask.

As for what T did, I have his back too. What's the big deal. You got a thread to post in. What does it matter?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Boy, you're lucky it was Mista T. I would have moved the thread right after it started. I know, it was an event we don't normally see. But this is still a sports forum and site, and it didn't belong in the main forum.

To be PERFECTLY honest, it would be nice if the forum members here would initiate these types of threads in their proper place. I don't think that's too much to ask.

As for what T did, I have his back too. What's the big deal. You got a thread to post in. What does it matter?
    Dude, I understand it being moved to OT. But splicing between humorous and serious, and or agreeing with someone who found it offensive, just just plain weird and crazy. Sorry. It needs to be said.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Thumbs down Re: OT: please post all earthquake jokes here

just just plain weird and crazy. Sorry. It needs to be said.
    What's weird and crazy is that I an wasting another two minutes of my life explaining to you how we try to be even-handed while maintaining organization of these forums. We are talking about an OT non-Ravens discussion temporary thread addressing an event which scared millions of people. This thread will now be locked and trashed.

Sorry. It needs to be said.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).