Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT: please post all earthquake jokes here

Oniel cousins actually blocked someone. God shook the east coast in disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve61 View Post
    See if there buttons where you can move topics. Im a mod in another forum i have powers to do that.
    Only to merge the full thread, not individual posts.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

It was actually just an aftershock from the Leach hit on Thursday!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Separating "serious" earthquake discussion from humorous earthquake discussion? :insane:
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Graphic image of the devastation below. This isn't for the faint of heart...

---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Graphic image of the devastation below. This isn't for the faint of heart...

Tough to look at. You might not want to let your children see.
    90% of the game is half mental

My Ravens bobbleheads were nodding up a storm! :D

C'mon guys. You all know it was Paul M'fn Krueger getting ready for Thursday night.
    .....Support Our Warriors.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Separating "serious" earthquake discussion from humorous earthquake discussion? :insane:
    I'll try to be more gentle next time.

Some felt that the earthquake was life-threatening. Others found it humorous. Separating the two into different threads satisfied both points of view while avoiding acrimony. Nothing prevents the earthquake-humor posters to continue to joke about it here.

Sorry if you think that is: :insane:. However, I don't care. Call 'em the way I see 'em and your opinion was not universal.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Thats why you shouldnt joke about Fat People. They might start an earthquake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I'll try to be more gentle next time.

Some felt that the earthquake was life-threatening. Others found it humorous. Separating the two into different threads satisfied both points of view while avoiding acrimony. Nothing prevents the earthquake-humor posters to continue to joke about it here.

Sorry if you think that is: :insane:. However, I don't care. Call 'em the way I see 'em and your opinion was not universal.
    Actually, it was controlling and freakish, and an example of poor moderation. You choked the thread to death and sucked the life out of it. I support calling things the way people see them, but as a moderator you are supposed to have a steadier hand, exercise discretion and not just slice apart and eviscerate anything that may seem distasteful to your exceptionally minority view. I doubt anymore than 5% of any sample would agree with you that the two should have been separated. In fact, I suspect that not one single commenter or other moderator agreed with your decision. That's why I'm calling this one as I see it: you wildly overreached in your role as moderator on this subject.
    Last edited by Flipping Birdie; 08-24-2011 at 04:37 AM.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Everyone reacts differently to this stuff.

As someone who lived in the Bay Area, I must say I am amused by all this panic.

Some people were hurt (by panicking mostly) and nobody was killed. I get the scary part when I hear people say "I live in DC and thought it was terrorism" but if you're farting into the cushions of your couch in Canton and it hits, enjoy the ride and hit the bars when it's done.