Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I had just parked from taking my driving test with Baltimore county. I had interview then driving test and thought these guys were joking with me. The truck was bouncing for close to 10-15 seconds. I don't know if I will get the job but I am sure I had no chance had I shit myself like I thought was going to happen.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: OT: earthquake discussion - no jokes, please!

Pentagon and capitol hill were evacuated. I think they said WH

Now it's being downgraded back to 5.8

I was on the 3rd floor of the hospital and the place started rocking. The elevators were banging in their shafts. ABSOLUTELY FREAKY! I had a visitor outside actually pass out. Hope everyone is OK. Had to stay in doors to tend to my patients and staff. I was hoping the building wouldn't collapse.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Re: OT: Holt shit! Did you feel that earthquake?

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Tall bookshelves around me definitely wobbled. It was significant enough I was genuinely scared there for a couple of seconds and hightailed it to a doorway.
    Best place to go. More people get killed or injured running outside and being hit by falling debris than from staying in a building doorway in the United States. The building codes prevent the kind of disasters one sees in Asia.

On the 42 floor in building in Manhattan and it was shaking like hell, very weird feeling and sucks having to go down 42 flights of stairs!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    On the 42 floor in building in Manhattan and it was shaking like hell, very weird feeling and sucks having to go down 42 flights of stairs!
    Did you get deja vu about "9/11" ? I was a survivor... Bc

Blog Entries

Near death tales? I inferred it on the other "funny" thread and I'm going to say it explicitly here: separating *serious* and *funny* posts for a non-fatal, zero reported serious injury event is loopy and control freakish.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Holt shit! Did you feel that earthquake?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Best place to go. More people get killed or injured running outside and being hit by falling debris than from staying in a building doorway in the United States. The building codes prevent the kind of disasters one sees in Asia.
    I'm on the top floor of a 100+ year old 7 story steel frame brick mid-rise. There was no way I was going to get out of the ancient building, and its narrow wells before the earthquake stopped rolling.

Doesn't Japan have far stricter earthquake building codes than we have on the east coast?
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Did you get deja vu about "9/11" ? I was a survivor... Bc
    Was not here for 9/11, we just moved up here in October, for you and most of who I saw on the street that was the fear.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Glad everyone is okay. Here's a link to help understand earthquakes on the east coast a little better.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...05ild/#summary
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Hate to say this but now we got hurricane Irene (category 1) heading our way according to Marty Ass. It's coming right up the Chesapeake Bay.

Bob Turk said winds will probably push it east but we could get just heavy wind and rain. It will reach cat 3
    when it hits the Bahamas.

LOL - Now Marty is saying it might push out to sea but he says it after Turk said it first. He says the computer
    models are now showing it will probably push out. That's not what he said before.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap....shtml?5-daynl
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-23-2011 at 06:41 PM.