Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Josh Wilson rips Ravens fans

AF--
    My issue with the blog link you posted is that it sounds like some carefully chosen sound bytes to create some controversy (read: how do I get people to click on my blog?)

FWIW and IMHO, Wilson doesn't really whiz on Ravens fans, more that he displays ignorance of football tradition. And again FWIW, it almost sounds more like he's saying Ravens fans (as opposed to Baltimore football fans) when he's quoted as saying "they [meaning WHO?] have nowhere near the tradition of Redskins fans". As others note, the Ravens have been here a little more than a Baker's dozen seasons, and Warshington has "enjoyed" ;) their football team for much longer. Wilson sounds like he may not be a student of football history and lore. If you consider the storied tradition of Baltimore's participation in football over the last 70ish years or so, we have every bit as much strength of fanbase as Snyder's team.

Plus, Wilson's barely into his late 20's, and he's citing his elderly relatives as "My uncle is 50-so years old and all they know are Redskins..."

I've got a comfortable pair of shoes older than Wilson, and his uncle was probably barely just a gleam in his Pop's eye when the BALTIMORE Colts were winning a Super Bowl!

A player pandering to his new fanbase. So what.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I guess honesty isn't allowed?

Which part of what Wilson said isn't true?

And this thread title sounds like something a former sports talker on The Fan, and current sports anchor on Fox45 who will remain nameless :D might say to drum up some attention.

Just sayin'...
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Such a non-issue.

Next ....

Blog Entries

Well I hope he has fun contributing to their fans "dying" because they'll be losing a lot.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I guess honesty isn't allowed?

Which part of what Wilson said isn't true?

And this thread title sounds like something a former sports talker on The Fan, and current sports anchor on Fox45 who will remain nameless :D might say to drum up some attention.

Just sayin'...

Do you mean your pal Bruce Cunningham?

The part about comparing Ravens fans to Skins fans Tony. We supported Wilson, many of us wanted him to
    re-sign with us and he stabs us in the back, even when we defended him for screwing up the PO game.
    If I take the Ravens too seriously as many people say, some of you guys don't take them serious at all.

He's speaking to the Post which covers his new team in his home town.
    All he had to do was leave Ravens fans out of it and say what a great
    tradition Skins fans have.

So for those who think he's Ok fine. That's your opinion but please re-read
    the text again and in its proper context.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

The part about comparing Ravens fans to Skins fans Tony. We supported Wilson, many of us wanted him to
    re-sign with us and he stabs us in the back, even when we defended him for screwing up the PO game.
    If I take the Ravens too seriously as many people say, some of you guys don't take them serious at all.

Not seeing it. What we can't really tell is if Wilson was asked to compare the fan bases. If you read this (Blog) it seems likely on the heels of posting Harbaugh campaigning to take over DC (which btw I believe was tongue-in-cheek) Wilson was set up for such a response.

But really, this is a perfect example of how defensive fans can be. But I get it...it's all good!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

I have and nothing he said is wrong. He gives props to Ravens fans and is correct in saying Redskins fans have more tradition than Raven fans (not Baltimore fans) He was asked a question and answered it, why do you care what some guy who played for 1 season in baltimore thinks? He is a DC boy who grew up a Skins fan.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Enjoy playing with that hall of fame DC team...

No, I think most of us are in the middle ground, where we don't take offense at every little thing that gets said. Wilson is back home; he's excited. BFD. It's not like he said Flacco would never win a Super Bowl.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Who cares.

Nowhere in those quotes did he "rip" Ravens fans and I STILL would rather have him than Carr...without question.

LOL at "but we defended him on that PI in Pitt"...we defended him because it was a bogus PI call, nothing else.

Good Grief.

He's in a better situation in DC. Shannahan won't wait until week 6 to even get him any PT like Harbaugh did.