Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Josh Wilson rips Ravens fans

Damn, and to think I wanted to sign him more than the other Cbs.

Ok, ok - so he's from DC but we were good to him. We sold the stadium out and supported him even defending him when he cost us a TD in the PO game in Pissburgh with that penalty and then they scored.

So now he says there's no comparing Ravens fans to Skins fans. When Skins lose, their fans are like dying. Excuse me, we don't?

The fans between us and Piss are the best rivalry in the country. Our fans take over stadiums across the country including NE where players said it was like playing at home.

I can't even watch Squeelers games because I might have a heart attack.
    Anyway, you get the picture.

ENJOY LOSING PUNK BECAUSE THAT'S ALL THEY DO IN DC WHILE RAVENS GO TO THEIR 4TH STRAIGHT POs.

:ww::T2:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...kins_fans.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-23-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Thumbs down Re: Josh Wilson rips Ravens fans

Josh must have been caught off guard when asked he question. He can't be that stupid!

Hey Josh:

One city has a legitimate waiting list for PSL's, capped at about 3,000, which turns over a dozen or less seats per season.

The other team used to claim a fantasy 100,000 fan waiting list, which not only completely dissapated a few months ago, but also wound up into a minus 10,000 (i.e. the number of seats removed from FedEx Field this summer).

People joke about the tarps covering unsold seats at Jacksonville, but that truck stop of a town has about 15% of the population of the Nation's Crime Capital and 5% of its wealth; neither can sell out without removing thousands of seats.

Yeah, right, Josh! Fucking idiot! :insane:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Josh Wilson rips Ravens fans

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Damn, and to think I wanted to sign him more than anyone.

Ok, ok - so he's from DC but we were good to him. We sold the stadium out and supported him even defending him when he cost us a TD in the PO game in Pissburgh with that penalty and then they scored.

So now he says there's no comparing Ravens fans to Skins fans. When Skins lose, their fans are like dying. Excuse me, we don't?

The fans between us and Piss are the best rivalry in the country. Our fans take over stadiums across the country including NE where players said it was like playing at home.

I can't even watch Squeelers games because I might have a heart attack.
    Anyway, you get the picture.

ENJOY LOSING PUNK BECAUSE THAT'S ALL THEY DO IN DC WHILE RAVENS GO TO THEIR 4TH STRAIGHT POs.
    WTF did he say that's not true? The Ravens have 16 years of history to the Redskins near 80. It makes a little bit of sense that the Ravens don't have quite the historic fervor that the Skins do, right? Plus, how exactly is "But the Ravens have a strong fanbase up there. They’re growing and getting kind of that establishment that the Redskins already have," qualify as ripping the Ravens fan base?

Try decaf dude.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

“One thing about it, they have nowhere near the tradition of Redskins fans,”
    The man has a point

I'd also say he got caught off guard with the question but this isn't worth getting riled over

Blog Entries

Yeah, if you read the article, it's kind of a backhanded compliment. Basically says there's no comparison to the "TRADITIONS" of Redskin fans, because they've been around so long, and when they lose "it's like someone died". But also says Baltimore's fanbase is up and coming and is approaching that level.

This, to me, goes along with the comments Mason made earlier. When we obtained Lee Evans and someone asked him what he thought about it, he made a comment that we didn't concern him, he was on the best team in football. Yeah, I don't expect you to trash your current team, but do you really need to go out of your way to rip your old team? You could say something pretty neutral like "I love Redskin fans, they've been so awesome, but Ravens fans are good too" or, in Mason's case, "I think they'll be a pretty good team, but we'll give them a run for their money".

It might've had something to do with Baltimore booing McClain last week. A couple guys have mentioned that in tweets, I bet they are turning on Raven fans for that.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Are you guys from DC, except Ted.

Baltimore has the tradition long before the Ravens came. We set attendance records back in the 50s and
    60s that lasted for years and was only broken after the team left, so Baltimore has plenty of tradition.
    Today Ravens fans are descendants from Baltimore Colts fans - most come from their fathers and grand
    fathers. The Ravens Fan clubs descend from the Colt Corralls and the Roosts and Nests have over
    4,000 between them giving away hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities all over Maryland.

Talk about tradition, how the Redskins original owner Marshall who was a racist and was the
    last to hire minority players and that was after the Kennedy Administration threatened him. Marshall finally
    drafted Ernie Davis and traded him to Cleve for Bobby Mitchell but only after the gov't interferred. That's their history plus all the losing since boy wonder took over. Native Americans are constantly trying to change
    the name of Redskins because it is offensive to them.

Josh said there was no comparing Ravens fans to Skins fans and their fans are like dead after a loss but there is for the reasons Ted and I cited above. Hell, all their fans should be dead if that's true after all the losing they do.

I've heard their own fans say the Skins suck really bad and they won't argue when you laugh at them.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-23-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Now here's a comment from DC I can live with.

Honestly, I feel like the Ravens are more important to the general populace of metro Baltimore than the Skins are to the general populace of metro DC. And this is coming from a DC resident...

Blog Entries

Let they say what they want they kinda have to when you think about it you wanna show your new team some bravada and loyalty so the best way to do that is rip your old one it happens all the time guys its just business.

He was always a DC guy - he's from Montomery County. What do you expect him to say. I doubt he even knew the Colts played here pre-1983 and probably has no clue about John Unitas. So who cares. If he was from Essex than I'd be pissed.

The booing of McClain was likely due to the fact he was a good player who had a good thing going and then messed it all up with his selfish/deluded/constant cries for more touches. When Heap returns there will be NOTHING of the sort. Booing Heap is simply not a part of Raven fan DNA.

McClain got it b/c he was a malcontent. Fans across the league boo malcontents who are still ON their team, let alone ones who left.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

The "pimp slapping moderator" said all that needs to be said.

This is a stupid thread. The end.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Josh Wilson can say what he wants. Who cares what he has to say...there are no fans down in DC come January because there are no football games going on. However Baltimore is making a push for a 4th consecutive playoff appearance. It was fun while we had you maybe you learned your lesson against Roddy White and won't bitch out the next time he burns your ass.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk