Blog Entries

Raiders looking at Pryor as a WR. Not a QB.

John Clayton of ESPN reports that the Raiders are more interested in using Pryor as a receiver than as a quarterback.
    www.profootballtalk.com

Raiders look like they'll be swapping Pryor over to receiver instead of QB.

I actually thought he would have been more wise to play receiver in college over QB. He has the height, leaping ability, and speed to have really become a top notch receiver at Ohio State. Probably would have had an opportunity to be drafted a lot higher as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Raiders looking at Pryor as a WR. Not a QB.

yeah I said in the other thread (NFL board) that he'll make a great tight end. As an NFL QB he has a long way to go and it's probably not worth going there. 3rd round pick, though?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yeah I said in the other thread (NFL board) that he'll make a great tight end. As an NFL QB he has a long way to go and it's probably not worth going there. 3rd round pick, though?
    I mean they've got no problem throwing away 1st round picks so what's a third?

like his potential at WR. He has the measurables and athletic ability. his time at QB should lessen the learning curve at WR.

The upside at Wr is very high for him. At QB, I think he could develop into a winner at the NFL level, but maybe not anything special, bt at WR he could get into that Brandon Marshall, Buress, Austin or V-Jax type catagory, or even into the Fitz, Andre or Calvin level of big man if he reaches his potential. I think he could be a productive player at least, and maybe special at WR. You can not just learn how to be 6'6" and run a 4.4, and he has agility and running with the ball ability on top of that, not just speed and size.

Also for a 3rd round pick it is a very low risk gamble. Only 30% of 3rd rounders become starters. The Ravens have not even done very well in the 3rd.

:T2:

Blog Entries

The report now says they will play him at QB, not receiver. Miscommunication or undecided? who knows

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

6. Re: Raiders looking at Pryor as a WR. Not a QB.

His career sounds over before it even began.

Blog Entries

If Hue Jackson is smart, he'll groom him for a receiver and an emergency QB.

He wasn't very good as a QB in college. He made terrible reads and he's not very accurate at all. They have the opportunity to turn this kid into a very good receiver and the Raiders desperately need a #1 receiver.

Groom him as a receiver, get through the year with Jason Campbell (who really isn't that bad of a QB at all), and look to next year's draft where you've got guys like Matt Barkley, Ryan Lindley, and Danny O'Brien potentially coming out. Any of those guys are MUCH better suited as QB's in the NFL than Pryor and this would give Pryor an entire year working as a receiver, so when they actually get a QB in there, they'll have more than Jacoby Ford to throw the ball to.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.