Thread: Tiki Barber

Tiki Barber

Sounds like Tiki's comeback bid was over before it got started. ESPN was fawning all over themselves 3 or 4 weeks ago listing the Steelers and maybe 2 or 3 other teams that might be interested. But then, not a peep. Has anyone even bothered to work him out? I can't find a thing on google after 7/29. That was a report saying that he was going to sign with the Steelers, which obviously never happened. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy as far as I'm concerned.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

He plays the wrong position for people to be interested in a comeback. If he was a QB or something there would be interest, but RBs are devalued in the league presently and he wasn't exactly a world-beater to begin with. Good to adequate, never great IMO. In contrast, Barry Sanders probably would have gotten a look after the same amount of time out of the league because he was just that good. It's a young man's game for everyone but the most special, most gifted players.

Blog Entries

Re: Tiki Barber

I wonder if the way he criticized Eli Manning, rubbed people within the league, the wrong way.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

This is a guy who retired and trashed his former coach and QB on the way out - only to watch that team win a SB without him the next year.

Went to broadcasting and was a total flop.

Then he left his wife and mother of his two children - who was also pregnant again with twins - left her high and dry for some 23 year old NBC intern, who likely drained whatever cash he had left, and then went on her way.

Now that he's broke and unemployed, and having to pay child support for 4, he thinks he can just put the pads back on and make a comeback. He's had one workout with the Dolphins, and that's it.

I agree - it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Karma seems to bite this scumbag in the ass at every turn, and I'm glad. I would have been very disappointed if the Steelers had given him a job.

Peter King was pimping for him in MMQB this morning, he says the Cardinals should work him out. I doubt they will, for the reasons mentioned in the two posts above.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

If there are a bunch of injuries to RB's, he might (repeat, might) get a call. Otherwise, he's toast.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Yeah like steelfan says; its not like he has a burning desire to play. He just needs the money. doubt that's enough

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!