Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Get In The Click

We are proud to offer 24x7 at no cost to our visitors. We are implementing ways to finance our growth and continue bringing a great product to you for the same cost as the air you breathe.

Help us to continue offering more for less. Please be sure to visit our google ads seen throughout the site. Each click brings us closer to the next enhancement and it costs the same as logging on to 24x7....Ngata!

Rave on
    Last edited by TL24x7; 05-10-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Re: Get In The Click

What a refreshing contrast to the 'Scout' conglomerate, where they add insult to injury by dangling teasers like, "Ravens add player" (premium only)

This board puts the fan first. Some others put the $ first, last, and only.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Thumbs up Re: Get In The Click

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    What a refreshing contrast to the 'Scout' conglomerate, where they add insult to injury by dangling teasers like, "Ravens add player" (premium only)

Add my kudos to this one.. When I have to pay to read what a player's lawyer says.. that's my line in the sand..

So what do we need to click on, so we I can start clicking away

So what do we need to click on, so we I can start clicking away
    At the very bottom of the home page and every other content page you can find the google ads in text. Click on those...you may even find products that interest you. When finished, hit the back button on your browser to return to 24x7.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post

Couldn't agree more. Whenever there's a post containing premium content, I come here or just wait to read about the news in the paper. I'm sorry but I'm not going to pay money to read that we signed some unkown player that isn't even going to make the team.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I don't think we need to slam other sites that charge fees for some content. Just a different business model is all.

Kudos to TL for finding a way to run this site without charging the fees. But we don't have to run somebody else down to give TL props.

I’ll add my adda-boyz top all who run this board.

It is the first stop of the morning.

Helps me see and feel the power of purple all the way out here on the left coast. Believe me, I can use all the help I can get.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

TL, this is an outstanding site & the least we can do is check out your advertisers' websites. Clickety click!!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

wrong use
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't think we need to slam other sites that charge fees for some content. Just a different business model is all.

Kudos to TL for finding a way to run this site without charging the fees. But we don't have to run somebody else down to give TL props.

Since you quoted me, I'll respectfully respond.

We live in a free-market society. A bad system in some ways, but better than anything else so far devised. That being the case, profits and advertising are inevitable. That is understandable and perfectly fair.

However, the fact that it IS free, you, I, or anyone else is completely free to critisize the advertisers and voice their displeasure at the ads, and those who make up the ads.

I can live with telemarketers, hell. I've done it myself. (A VERY tough way to make money) When they call my telephone number and take it upon themselves to intrude on my tranquility, I have no compunction about hanging up with a courteous 'Go F--- yourself'.

So when a blatant demand flashes on my screen for my money in exchange for information available free elsewhere, I reserve the right to silently decline and call them out on it as often as I like. Free means free. They can freely charge, and I can freely critisize.

This would never have happened if a certain board hadn't started the despicable practice of 'teaser' announcements in an attempt to add premium members. In other words - to add to their revenue.

"Step right up, folks. See the little lady in the silk gown in all her glory. For the mere sum of one slim dollar, you can go to the back room and see a LOT more of her. Hurry, hurry, hurry..."
    Last edited by Art-Florida; 05-14-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Wrong use of an adjective
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Just a reminder to give us 30 seconds of your time and click on the google ads up on the home page.....

thankyouverymuch!

Art-Florida... well said, and a good description of a free enterprise market place.

Thanks for the passion...