Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Get In The Click

We are proud to offer 24x7 at no cost to our visitors. We are implementing ways to finance our growth and continue bringing a great product to you for the same cost as the air you breathe.

Help us to continue offering more for less. Please be sure to visit our google ads seen throughout the site. Each click brings us closer to the next enhancement and it costs the same as logging on to 24x7....Ngata!

Rave on
    Last edited by TL24x7; 05-10-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Re: Get In The Click

What a refreshing contrast to the 'Scout' conglomerate, where they add insult to injury by dangling teasers like, "Ravens add player" (premium only)

This board puts the fan first. Some others put the $ first, last, and only.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Thumbs up Re: Get In The Click

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    What a refreshing contrast to the 'Scout' conglomerate, where they add insult to injury by dangling teasers like, "Ravens add player" (premium only)

Add my kudos to this one.. When I have to pay to read what a player's lawyer says.. that's my line in the sand..

Couldn't agree more. Whenever there's a post containing premium content, I come here or just wait to read about the news in the paper. I'm sorry but I'm not going to pay money to read that we signed some unkown player that isn't even going to make the team.

You know, I am really getting tired of reading folks whine and bitch about what scout is doing with that. If you don't want to pay the premium, well that's your perrogative, but don't cry like a little girl because that is what they choose to do. The content over there is good and worth the money spent and contain so much more than the articles.

As for 24x7, we are privileged to get this information at no cost, and I enjoy the content provided in both websites.

You quote that "We live in a free-market society." We also live in a society where folks (cheapskates) want something for nothing. To add, only a small portion of the content provided at scout premium is given here for free. You have the chance to ask questions directly to persons closer to the Ravens instead of wasting time in pointless debate from some know-nothing messageboard dweller. I spend more of my time on the VIP just for that reason (interacting with AW and others), and then I laugh at the fools bantering back and forth on the regular boards about a bunch of moot subjects.

I am not one to waste money on an inferior product (Just ask orioleshangout.com. Talk about a useless paid product), and I make very good money. This is also not a competition between 24x7 and scout as, for the most part, it contains some of the same persons. I am tired of how some of you guys can make a war out of anything. (Boller wars. McNair wars. Old Colts fans/Ravens fans wars. Orioles/Ravens wars, and now 24x7/scout wars).

Scout premium is good spending and consists of some very good content and is more than just the articles. At the same time, 24x7 is doing an outstanding job and I especially enjoy Tony's radio show which I listen to each week. 24X7 should charge for some of its content, but Tony knows what is best for his site. Kuddos to both scout and 24x7, and let's stop this schoolgirl crying about the premiums. Scout premium is money well spent and 24x7 (whether on radio or online) is time well spent.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

"This would never have happened if a certain board hadn't started the despicable practice of 'teaser' announcements in an attempt to add premium members. In other words - to add to their revenue."

To add, this is the dumbest argument you made to suport your rationale to be cheap. The whole idea for a business is to MAKE MONEY and add revenue. Well DUH! It is called the Capitalistic America. Again, while orioleshangout provides crappy content, (and I know from first hand), scout premium provides content worth the money charged and they deserve the right to "add revenue."
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    "This would never have happened if a certain board hadn't started the despicable practice of 'teaser' announcements in an attempt to add premium members. In other words - to add to their revenue."

To add, this is the dumbest argument you made to suport your rationale to be cheap. The whole idea for a business is to MAKE MONEY and add revenue. Well DUH! It is called the Capitalistic America. Again, while orioleshangout provides crappy content, (and I know from first hand), scout premium provides content worth the money charged and they deserve the right to "add revenue."
    Speaking of dumb, you are at liberty to squander your welfare check on whatever you like. Meanwhile, I will continue to take shots at deception at bait and switch whenever I choose to, in spite of how tired you may be of reading it. If you find reading nessages on message boards that opressive, you might want to consider switching on your TV instead. There are LOTS of things advertsied on there you can buy - thus supporting the free enterprise system.

Guys & Gals,

This thread wasn't posted to criticize the business model of another site. We happen to like ours a little better and Insider obviously likes theirs a little better. The intent of both sites is to provide Ravens fans with information and insight.

The intent of this thread was to say that we offer all of our content, etc. for free and that's what we will continue to do. We plan on expanding what we offer and to help fuel that we seek out new sponsors and other revenue streams such as the very minor boost that google ads provide.

That said, each click counts and they all add up and we sincerely appreciate all of your seconds/minutes along the way that you've offered up to assist in that effort.

Without further ado, click when you can and thank you very much!

So what do we need to click on, so we I can start clicking away

So what do we need to click on, so we I can start clicking away
    At the very bottom of the home page and every other content page you can find the google ads in text. Click on those...you may even find products that interest you. When finished, hit the back button on your browser to return to 24x7.

Thanks for your help

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I don't think we need to slam other sites that charge fees for some content. Just a different business model is all.

Kudos to TL for finding a way to run this site without charging the fees. But we don't have to run somebody else down to give TL props.

wrong use
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't think we need to slam other sites that charge fees for some content. Just a different business model is all.

Kudos to TL for finding a way to run this site without charging the fees. But we don't have to run somebody else down to give TL props.

Since you quoted me, I'll respectfully respond.

We live in a free-market society. A bad system in some ways, but better than anything else so far devised. That being the case, profits and advertising are inevitable. That is understandable and perfectly fair.

However, the fact that it IS free, you, I, or anyone else is completely free to critisize the advertisers and voice their displeasure at the ads, and those who make up the ads.

I can live with telemarketers, hell. I've done it myself. (A VERY tough way to make money) When they call my telephone number and take it upon themselves to intrude on my tranquility, I have no compunction about hanging up with a courteous 'Go F--- yourself'.

So when a blatant demand flashes on my screen for my money in exchange for information available free elsewhere, I reserve the right to silently decline and call them out on it as often as I like. Free means free. They can freely charge, and I can freely critisize.

This would never have happened if a certain board hadn't started the despicable practice of 'teaser' announcements in an attempt to add premium members. In other words - to add to their revenue.

"Step right up, folks. See the little lady in the silk gown in all her glory. For the mere sum of one slim dollar, you can go to the back room and see a LOT more of her. Hurry, hurry, hurry..."
    Last edited by Art-Florida; 05-14-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Wrong use of an adjective