Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Get In The Click

I found a "Raven" beer on one of the google ads. Check them out...some interesting things and some decent swag on the cheap....for now...

Happy Sunday...tune us in at 11 on AM 1300.

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    What a refreshing contrast to the 'Scout' conglomerate, where they add insult to injury by dangling teasers like, "Ravens add player" (premium only)

This board puts the fan first. Some others put the $ first, last, and only.
    You know, I am really getting tired of reading folks whine and bitch about what scout is doing with that. If you don't want to pay the premium, well that's your perrogative, but don't cry like a little girl because that is what they choose to do. The content over there is good and worth the money spent and contain so much more than the articles.

As for 24x7, we are privileged to get this information at no cost, and I enjoy the content provided in both websites.

You quote that "We live in a free-market society." We also live in a society where folks (cheapskates) want something for nothing. To add, only a small portion of the content provided at scout premium is given here for free. You have the chance to ask questions directly to persons closer to the Ravens instead of wasting time in pointless debate from some know-nothing messageboard dweller. I spend more of my time on the VIP just for that reason (interacting with AW and others), and then I laugh at the fools bantering back and forth on the regular boards about a bunch of moot subjects.

I am not one to waste money on an inferior product (Just ask orioleshangout.com. Talk about a useless paid product), and I make very good money. This is also not a competition between 24x7 and scout as, for the most part, it contains some of the same persons. I am tired of how some of you guys can make a war out of anything. (Boller wars. McNair wars. Old Colts fans/Ravens fans wars. Orioles/Ravens wars, and now 24x7/scout wars).

Scout premium is good spending and consists of some very good content and is more than just the articles. At the same time, 24x7 is doing an outstanding job and I especially enjoy Tony's radio show which I listen to each week. 24X7 should charge for some of its content, but Tony knows what is best for his site. Kuddos to both scout and 24x7, and let's stop this schoolgirl crying about the premiums. Scout premium is money well spent and 24x7 (whether on radio or online) is time well spent.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

"This would never have happened if a certain board hadn't started the despicable practice of 'teaser' announcements in an attempt to add premium members. In other words - to add to their revenue."

To add, this is the dumbest argument you made to suport your rationale to be cheap. The whole idea for a business is to MAKE MONEY and add revenue. Well DUH! It is called the Capitalistic America. Again, while orioleshangout provides crappy content, (and I know from first hand), scout premium provides content worth the money charged and they deserve the right to "add revenue."
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    "This would never have happened if a certain board hadn't started the despicable practice of 'teaser' announcements in an attempt to add premium members. In other words - to add to their revenue."

To add, this is the dumbest argument you made to suport your rationale to be cheap. The whole idea for a business is to MAKE MONEY and add revenue. Well DUH! It is called the Capitalistic America. Again, while orioleshangout provides crappy content, (and I know from first hand), scout premium provides content worth the money charged and they deserve the right to "add revenue."
    Speaking of dumb, you are at liberty to squander your welfare check on whatever you like. Meanwhile, I will continue to take shots at deception at bait and switch whenever I choose to, in spite of how tired you may be of reading it. If you find reading nessages on message boards that opressive, you might want to consider switching on your TV instead. There are LOTS of things advertsied on there you can buy - thus supporting the free enterprise system.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Guys & Gals,

This thread wasn't posted to criticize the business model of another site. We happen to like ours a little better and Insider obviously likes theirs a little better. The intent of both sites is to provide Ravens fans with information and insight.

The intent of this thread was to say that we offer all of our content, etc. for free and that's what we will continue to do. We plan on expanding what we offer and to help fuel that we seek out new sponsors and other revenue streams such as the very minor boost that google ads provide.

That said, each click counts and they all add up and we sincerely appreciate all of your seconds/minutes along the way that you've offered up to assist in that effort.

Without further ado, click when you can and thank you very much!

Just another reminder that if you are on hold at work or listening to a boring conference call or if you need something mindless to occupy yourself, take a few moments to click away on the google ads on the home page....it helps support this site. Be sure to hit your back browser to return to 24x7.

Thanks again...

TL

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't think we need to slam other sites that charge fees for some content. Just a different business model is all.

Kudos to TL for finding a way to run this site without charging the fees. But we don't have to run somebody else down to give TL props.
    Yeah but when they delete your posts with links to legitimate Ravens news on ESPN, which violated no rules of their site, with no explanation even upon request (which was also deleted), we have the right to say it's not a business model we will ever support.

Of course postings of cartoons about other teams and rantings by Redskins trolls stays on the board.