Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Embarrassed to be a Ravens Fan...

Like you Tottenham that is why I do not go on there because of all the negative shit on there. Everyone has bad days all the greats have had lots of bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    I used to avoid the Sunspot Message Board for about a week after a Ravens loss, some of the posts were like you said embarrassing.
    A LOT of those people are trolls from other teams. That board became a total joke.

One reason the "ignorance" is flowing out of the mouths of some "fans" is the Sun reporting that Flacco believes he is a top 5 quarterback in this league. So, when they set him up and he does not come out and light the Chiefs up with his play, the reaction is typical.

Every team has idiot fans. Ours just happen to like to call into radio shows. The rest of us figured out how to use the internet.
    Founder of The J. Peterman Company - JPeterman.com - Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Don't blame last night on the new WRs.

He looked his best throwing to Lee Evans who is the newest of the new WRs. He looked his worst throwing to Boldin who's been here 2 years now. He just wasn't sharp last night. It's no big deal. I'd rather that happen than have him look utterly lost and confused like he sometimes does. We know he can make throws. We don't know he can consistently read zone d's and get the ball out with any rhythym, both things he did last night well. He just wasn't completeing passes he makes 90% of the time.
    Very good assessment, I apologize for calling you out yesterday, you have evaluated Joe very fairly. I believe that you want to see Joe do well unlike some people (idiot fans from 105.7 the Fan) and you are just showing him some tough love which isn't a bad thing. Coming from the Sunspot where the Flacco bashing was and is still brutal it's refreshing to be on this board. I misjudged you RavensNTerps and again I apologize for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterman View Post
    Every team has idiot fans. Ours just happen to like to call into radio shows. The rest of us figured out how to use the internet.
    Amen to that. I listened to that show the other day for about 10 mins, at least 3 people were calling for Flacco's head. There were some callers questioning the stupidity of those 3 callers too...

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Amen to that. I listened to that show the other day for about 10 mins, at least 3 people were calling for Flacco's head. There were some callers questioning the stupidity of those 3 callers too...
    Talk radio is about the dumbest forum around. You'd think a QB that has had the success of Flacco over the last 3 years would be somewhat immune to this kind of garbage after one somewhat bad preseason showing. Sheesh...

Blog Entries

Basically you just have to ignore all the "bench the QB" / "fire the coach" crap and recognize it for the idiocy it is, and just move past it.

It's one thing to pick apart certain elements of the performance (which is a big part of talking about the game and makes it more fun and social), another to just be ignorant or stir people up.

No one in their right mind thinks we need to bench Flacco or fire Harbaugh, so when you see those posts or hear that stuff, just listen for the sound of a little cuckoo clock :insane: going off somewhere and move on by.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peterman View Post
    Correct. I can't tell you how many times I've been listening to the radio when I hear someone call in to ask what the score of the baseball game was last night or something to that effect. They often sound wasted, or generally delusional, or lonely. All of those things make people more irritable and more likely to find things to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    It's been only two PRESEASON games and people are calling for Flacco to be benched! I really don't get it. :grbac: ..He has three new wide outs to get used to AGAIN this year, three new offensive linemen, and a mostly new backfield with the additions of Leach and Williams..I am really beginning to hate being associated with people who keep calling for a new Raven QB.. :bag:
    That's what fans do, piss and moan, eh. LOL

Not to worry, Flacco ain't goin' anywhere. When he starts to sync with Evans the rest will open up.

I agree tho, people are making far too much of a preseason game.

As well, apparently gone completely unnoticed is the fact that he's been sacked only once in 30 attempts. If that occurs during the season, he'll end up at the top of the Att/Sack ratio QBs.

So how bad can the OL be? Granted, it's not perfect, but it's not horrible either. And most of those Attempts came v. KC, a top-10 sacking D last season! Philly was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    There are time when I'd love to be able to jump through the speakers and yank some caller's heads off!
    BAD CALLER
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    That's what fans do, piss and moan, eh. LOL

Not to worry, Flacco ain't goin' anywhere. When he starts to sync with Evans the rest will open up.

I agree tho, people are making far too much of a preseason game.

As well, apparently gone completely unnoticed is the fact that he's been sacked only once in 30 attempts. If that occurs during the season, he'll end up at the top of the Att/Sack ratio QBs.

So how bad can the OL be? Granted, it's not perfect, but it's not horrible either. And most of those Attempts came v. KC, a top-10 sacking D last season! Philly was the same.
    The lack of sacks was an improvement.