At Least OMalley did something right.

Violent crimes fell 7.2%, reflecting national trend

August 17, 2011|By Justin Fenton, The Baltimore Sun

Maryland's crime rate decreased 6.3 percent last year, reaching a new low in the state's per-capita incidence of violent and property offenses and mirroring a national trend.

The figures released by state officials Wednesday and reported to the FBI are the lowest since modern crime tracking began in 1975. That continues a pattern of the state notching record lows for most of the past 14 years, though as crime rates dropped more sharply in other states, Maryland has remained one of the most violent

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...property-crime

The Cops are starting to take their jobs more serously instead of enforcing petty crime. Look i dont see State Troopers trapping speeders anymore. I dont see Baltimore enforcing parking violations like the Philadelphia PPA. You see if you ignore petty crime and let it go violent crime will go down. Like how is shoplifting hurting anyone? It hurts the rich peoiple. Look how Canada crime rate is lower than the US. Cops in Canada dont enforce petty stuff. Like patroling shopping centers,Banks,Gun stores and jewlery stores late at night but they patrol neighborhoods instead.So enforce the most seroius stuff and violent crime will go down.

Re: At Least OMalley did something right.

Copied and pasted from an earlier thread on O'Malley vs. Tea Bagger Prophet Rick Perry:

Connies are hyped on Perry because there is no one that will be able to beat Obama. Take a close look at Perry by comparing him to a guy all connies here love to hate Martin O'Malley. If you can make a case for Perry, how can you not make a case lightyears greater for O'Malley?

Education:

MD: 3rd year in a row ranked #1 in the nation.

http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/msde

Texas: 50th in the nation in kids with a high school diploma by age 25, and 43rd in high school graduation rates. We’re 42nd in the nation in high school graduates going to college, and of those, only half earn a degree within six years. see above link if necessary.

Insured:

MD: Rank 22nd. Maryland uninsured rate of 14.5% for those under 65 was lower than the national average of 18%, and below the uninsured rate in 21 states.

http://marylandreporter.com/2011/02/...e-report-says/

Texas: First in the nation in folks without health insurance and 49th in our low-income population covered by Medicaid. see above link.

Poverty:

MD: 9.1% with a national average of 14.3%

Texas: 17.2%. Almost twice that of Maryland. We’re fourth in the nation on the percentage of our residents living below the poverty line. see link above.

One has to admit that Maryland is an impressive state based on those stats and Texas is becoming a barren wasteland for the middle class guy. One might ask about Maryland's job growth. Okay:

Maryland's private sector employers created 16,400 jobs during April (2011), helping to lower the state's unemployment rate to 6.8 percent.

Maryland gained 11,600 jobs in April, as the private sector growth was tempered by the loss of 4,800 government jobs. The unemployment rate fell 0.1 percent, but remains solidly better than the 9 percent national average

and,

"Largely because of the strength of our highly-skilled and well-educated workforce, Maryland’s private sector employers added 16,400 jobs in April, quadrupling the national private sector rate of growth,” O'Malley said.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...ob-growth.html

I don't know what job growth Texas experienced in April 2011 but my point is that Maryland 4xed the national average in private sector job growth all while maintaining the #1 education system in the country and excelling in insuring its people and keeping poverty well below the national average.

The fact that Perry is even being considered is because there is no other candidate that stands a chance. Perry, if he runs, is going to have a hard time with his record. I mean, O'Malley is killing him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Copied and pasted from an earlier thread on O'Malley vs. Tea Bagger Prophet Rick Perry:

Connies are hyped on Perry because there is no one that will be able to beat Obama. Take a close look at Perry by comparing him to a guy all connies here love to hate Martin O'Malley. If you can make a case for Perry, how can you not make a case lightyears greater for O'Malley?

Education:

MD: 3rd year in a row ranked #1 in the nation.

http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/msde

Texas: 50th in the nation in kids with a high school diploma by age 25, and 43rd in high school graduation rates. We’re 42nd in the nation in high school graduates going to college, and of those, only half earn a degree within six years. see above link if necessary.

Insured:

MD: Rank 22nd. Maryland uninsured rate of 14.5% for those under 65 was lower than the national average of 18%, and below the uninsured rate in 21 states.

http://marylandreporter.com/2011/02/...e-report-says/

Texas: First in the nation in folks without health insurance and 49th in our low-income population covered by Medicaid. see above link.

Poverty:

MD: 9.1% with a national average of 14.3%

Texas: 17.2%. Almost twice that of Maryland. We’re fourth in the nation on the percentage of our residents living below the poverty line. see link above.

One has to admit that Maryland is an impressive state based on those stats and Texas is becoming a barren wasteland for the middle class guy. One might ask about Maryland's job growth. Okay:

Maryland's private sector employers created 16,400 jobs during April (2011), helping to lower the state's unemployment rate to 6.8 percent.

Maryland gained 11,600 jobs in April, as the private sector growth was tempered by the loss of 4,800 government jobs. The unemployment rate fell 0.1 percent, but remains solidly better than the 9 percent national average

and,

"Largely because of the strength of our highly-skilled and well-educated workforce, Maryland’s private sector employers added 16,400 jobs in April, quadrupling the national private sector rate of growth,” O'Malley said.

I don't know what job growth Texas experienced in April 2011 but my point is that Maryland 4xed the national average in private sector job growth all while maintaining the #1 education system in the country and excelling in insuring its people and keeping poverty well below the national average.

The fact that Perry is even being considered is because there is no other candidate that stands a chance. Perry, if he runs, is going to have a hard time with his record. I mean, O'Malley is killing him.

This link provides nothing of substance, which isn't surprising coming G-Fail. If you're gonna copy/paste, at least make sure the links work or you look like a douche.

Would those private enterprise jobs be government contractors? If government spending is at an all time high it stands to reason that many of the local government contractors would add significantly to MD's workforce. Since your link doesn't work, I'm merely speculating.

As to your education comparisons, I've got no doubt that MD does well but poo-pooing Texas' education standings when they fall right in the middle of standardized tests is wrong on your part and because your link doesn't work I've got nothing to compare it to. Here's a link to the TEA website for actual Texas education statistics.

Here is a rebuttal to Arne Duncan's calling out of Texas' education system. Arne Duncan is an idiot and needs to go back to Chicago's failed education system and get to work.

4G, you have to remember when you see a Liberal using the "Tea bagger" phrase, they aren't to be taken seriously. They are just hateful small minded folks who don't have a leg to stand on, so namecalling is their callback position. Unforunately you see it all too often on the left.

Poverty is low in MD cause we dont have Illegals here unlike Texas has.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post

This link provides nothing of substance, which isn't surprising coming G-Fail. If you're gonna copy/paste, at least make sure the links work or you look like a douche.
    Maybe the links are affected by Obama's financial policys as well.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock